• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
I hear you on the anti 3D crowd.

My wife and I were just discussing this at lunch today and too be honest it is clearly discrimination in its most ugly of forms. Not because of your skin colour, not because of your sex, sexual orientation or your cultural background, it just plain and simply because of how you choose to fly in your hobby.

The safety thing frustrates the hell out of me as well, seems the safety only applies when the club directors choose how and when to apply it.

My recent down turn came after raising the issue of guys crashing into the pits area with glow powered training planes that had gone dead stick.

Now our pits is a good 70 meters behind the flight line, and as I said, I cannot understand any good reason as too why it was classed as a non-issue that an experienced pilot can endanger the other members by not being able to steer a dead stick motor plane safely to the ground and away from people.

Within a few weeks my club had several near miss accidents that included one older fellow hand starting a DA50 with 23x8 Xoar prop without any kind of restraint. Motor caught plane leapt forward and the gentleman received 8 stitches and a trip to the emergency room for treatment.

And you know, not one single investigation or formal inquiry into how these things happened or how to look at preventing them in the future.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Is that gonna be the DM5320-300? That's the motor I got.

He bought my 4325-280, which was almost identical in "watts out" to the 5320-300 I had. The 5320 has a little more low-end grunt, but to haul a 70" around, the 4325 ain't no slouch!

Feral

That crap happens at every club I left my old club due to the national anti heli movement that the circle work boys have goin on your bloody right mate it's discrimination we're all in the same hobby ay I fly everything I don't knock a bloke for what he flys what gives him the right to give me flak about what I fly

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
That 4325-280 is a kick ass motor. It'll rock on 8s. nd its lighter then the 5320-300 too boot. You should be able to run a 20x10 if you wanted and your packs and esc can handle it.

Can't go past ZTW or castle ICE esc for this setup.

I'd recommend an opto 120A either ztw or castle ICE.

Feral

I have a spare 120icehv I'm not using I also got the props off gyro all I need is the airframe so up the funtana goes to rctrader

Feral

All the way brotha I may have to get the tutti fuitti colored one you already have the nice lookin scheme

skibum44

70cc twin V2
The 4325 and 5320 are awesome motors, I'd like to add the 4330 to the discussion. Ken did a great job with this motor and I was seeing numbers in the 84-85% efficiency with a 216kv and a 20x8 PJN. He added another bearing that helps the motor take the heavy side forces we put on these motors.

Last edited by a moderator: