• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

wedoitall

yea the dude CA the servos in the bays. im sure he didnt mean to, but WOW whatta job. he used some Emax servos, I'm definitely not gonna run those. The Emax he was using are quite abit bigger than the hitec 65mg's, so i had to add to ply to the servo bays to make them fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Well, I had a reasonably nice one for ya! Just joshin. It does stink when a "great" deal turns good then not so good then bad! Live n learn. Those emax are ok for low torque applications- def NOT an MXS. Good luck with the "make over"

wedoitall

i just finished the bays and a couple other minor details. gonna let the epoxy dry, doesnt look like ill be flying it today. Ive been sick since last monday anyways, probably should just rest up

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
I just did repairs to my 300 exp. replaced aileron servos, reseated landing gear plate, fixed a cracked battery tray and recovered one if the bottom panels. Ready for a remaiden and some hard flying again! 2+ years old!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just did repairs to my 300 exp. replaced aileron servos, reseated landing gear plate, fixed a cracked battery tray and recovered one if the bottom panels. Ready for a remaiden and some hard flying again! 2+ years old!

Thats great! sounds like a fun day's work, any idea how many total flights on the plane?

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
I have to have 300+ Though I don't fly on a constant basis- this plane easily gets 6 packs through it almost every time I go out. It has spent time in the garage while I focus on another model (e.g. 60" Edge EXP), but I seem to always migrate back to that Extra. I really like that plane, and I have had many break-throughs flying it. Now I just need the 25 hour day with light winds at sunset....and i'll put another 200 on it! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

yea the dude CA the servos in the bays. im sure he didnt mean to, but WOW whatta job. he used some Emax servos, I'm definitely not gonna run those. The Emax he was using are quite abit bigger than the hitec 65mg's, so i had to add to ply to the servo bays to make them fit.

I have to admit that I have "accidentally" done something similar to that myself. It happened when I was in a hurry...I drilled the holes for the servos, hardened them with CA, and then installed the servos...but I didn't give the CA enough time to set, so it ended up bonding the servos to the plywood. :O
I was able to get them out with a little debonder and not too much trouble...but this post made me remember this little incident. ;)