• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

ryan_m

100cc
Anyone get any EF flying this past weekend?

I managed to get 4 more flights on my 78" Extra. Flights 2-5 on it. Loving that plane. Need a bit more power than the DLE-30 provides, but still it's an awesome plane. Really makes me want the 78" MXS though!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I managed to get 4 more flights on my 78" Extra. Flights 2-5 on it. Loving that plane. Need a bit more power than the DLE-30 provides, but still it's an awesome plane. Really makes me want the 78" MXS though!!!

Yeah, from what Hone is saying, this one likes the power of his OS33, so I'm guessing the regular DLE-30 may feel a little weaker.

Are you holding out for the DA-35 for your MXS? I think that is the route I'll go with mine.

-G

njswede

150cc
Yeah, from what Hone is saying, this one likes the power of his OS33, so I'm guessing the regular DLE-30 may feel a little weaker.

Are you holding out for the DA-35 for your MXS? I think that is the route I'll go with mine.

-G

FWIW, I talked to a guy who had run them side by side on force gauges and he told me the OS33 has 20% more thrust than the DLE30. I think I want one... :)

ryan_m

100cc
Oooh that's a nice option! I wonder what the dimensions of that motor are?
I can measure the cowl width of my 78" Extra tonight Craig. Presumably the MXS will be similar.
You going to Cape Girardeau again Craig? I think we will skip this year and hit the Fort Smith, AR one instead. Much closer to us.

And Gary, yep the DA-35 is my plan. I had this dle-30 leftover from a 71" Slick and so I stuck it in the 78" Extra. I can pullout from a hover, but it's probably comparable to a 50cc powered 89" Slick. It could use a bit more. A 40cc motor would be ideal actually as the plane is nearly tailheavy on the 30cc. I had to place the ignition battery all the way forwards to balance. Not in the motorbox area, but all the way forward in the canopy area.

Cmala

70cc twin V2
Ryan,

I won't make Cape Girardeau this year. It looks like the only event in June/July I can make would be Ohio.

I've never been to that one but I am going to see if I can swing it. I'll have to check the dates on AR.

Feral

Sorry bro... I hate when I loose a plane to electronics...
Are the Aligns DS610's? Those are killer servos. I have them in my 71" Slick.

Yeah man I loved that plane. The first time I crashed my trex700 it left a crater but the servos survived I swear by align servos. On the bright side my 48 yak exp arrives today and I may have scored a 78 extra exp still in the box very cheap

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yeah man I loved that plane. The first time I crashed my trex700 it left a crater but the servos survived I swear by align servos. On the bright side my 48 yak exp arrives today and I may have scored a 78 extra exp still in the box very cheap

Those servos should move right over to the 78, no problem :)