• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Cmala

70cc twin V2
Hmm. I have a cub that I want to sell with hitec 985mg's eflite power 160 and CC HV ESC running 10s-5000

Those servos would work in a 78" mxs, right?

How bout the batteries?

Does EF do preorders?

gyro

GSN Contributor

Cmala

70cc twin V2
So there are different versions for electric and gas?

Was thinking of electric and then moving to gas. Possibly the 40cc twin.

Hmm. Back to the thinking board

ryan_m

100cc
yes, but you could always buy the gas one and then just run electric. The EF gas planes are nice because they still have a quick release hatch pin. They just use two of em. So battery changes are still quite easy on it.

hone

150cc
yes, but you could always buy the gas one and then just run electric. The EF gas planes are nice because they still have a quick release hatch pin. They just use two of em. So battery changes are still quite easy on it.

+1. With the standoffs you make you'll have no problem throwing an electric motor on a gas version. It'll be a touch heavier i believe but it gives you options.
The 78'' Extra is such an awesome plane. I got to fly mine today in 20MPH wind and it tracked so great through it. Doing backward rolling harriers was fun too :)
I can't wait for more 78'' planes to come out, it's a GREAT size. Please more 78'' planes! I know the MXS is coming but i want more :flyer: :ecstatic:
Seriously though, i'll definitely be getting a 78'' MXS :thumbup:

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Guys, just on the return leg of a road trip to DA Aus to pick up a car load of EXP's.

A 91" extra, 2 x 88" edge EXP's and 64" MXS plus DA60 for the big extra.

View attachment 8795View attachment 8796View attachment 8797

Doesn't look like much, but she's all packed in nice and secure for the 1500km trip back to base to begin the assembly on the weekend.

The second 88" edge is for a mate in Melbourne.

As work is paying for the road trip (business as well as pleasure) this saved me around $950 in freight for all that gear!

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Guys, just on the return leg of a road trip to DA Aus to pick up a car load of EXP's.

A 91" extra, 2 x 88" edge EXP's and 64" MXS plus DA60 for the big extra.

View attachment 8795View attachment 8796View attachment 8797

Doesn't look like much, but she's all packed in nice and secure for the 1500km trip back to base to begin the assembly on the weekend.

The second 88" edge is for a mate in Melbourne.

As work is paying for the road trip (business as well as pleasure) this saved me around $950 in freight for all that gear!

Shoot, that's a chunk of change you saved Rog! Aside from the DA in the 91, how are you going to outfit the planes?