• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

gyro

GSN Contributor
Speaking of the 60" Edge, I got mine fixed today so I can fly her tomorrow.

View attachment 678

Yes, that's Extra gear... I had it around, and it and the prop were really all I needed for the repairs. I did have to drill new holes, as the Extra holes were more inset than the edges...

Turnerm

50cc
Speaking of the 60" Edge, I got mine fixed today so I can fly her tomorrow.

View attachment 678

Yes, that's Extra gear... I had it around, and it and the prop were really all I needed for the repairs. I did have to drill new holes, as the Extra holes were more inset than the edges...

Nice! What setup do you have in yours? I'm running the recommended Torque motor swinging a 16x7 prop on 6s 3000's and love it.

Really?? Man. You must have been beating the snot out of that thing with all sorts of high energy tumbles and what not. But glad it served us both well for as long as it did.

So you have the 60" Extra? I just recently picked up a used 60" Edge and love it. SUPER floaty and SUPER docile but can be angry as a hornet if you want it to be. I love it!

yep after how much i was enjoying the 48" i picked up the 60" about a week later when they ran their 20% off sale. Love the extra though it flies faster and reacts quicker than the edge

gyro

GSN Contributor
Nice! What setup do you have in yours? I'm running the recommended Torque motor swinging a 16x7 prop on 6s 3000's and love it.

I have a motrolfly 4315-480 with a 16x8 on 6s 3000s... sounds like we're both setup pretty similar!

Just replaced the torque motor bearings in my 48" MXS and have 'er ready to go for Labor Day. The violence in this plane is amazing!
...could be the reason I had to replace the bearings.

Manta

70cc twin V2
tree d..hahahah i was standing behind Chris during that fateful demo.. Turns out,i rode back to the woods that ate his plane that day. There is a little path/trail just behind the start of trees.Is why Chris got so far into them before he hit a tree..He was knife edging that plane down the trail!! lol..Would have been epic if it had made it all the way out..

Last edited by a moderator:

Eagle34

50cc
Can I join in here guys? I just picked up a 45" Extra, yea I know old school. I'm really impressed with how strong this is built and still light. Everything looks like it is 1/4" balsa, hence the strength. Mine currently has unknown servos and motor but I will be fixing that soon enough. Just got home with it a couple of days before Iassac. No worries I stowed all the planes before the storm.

Manta with the new cut out for the pond I bet Chris would have pulled that KE out of the trees, whatcha think?