• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Feral

Yeah nice thanks mate I was thinking I'd get some custom made revo packs made up 2x4s wide but they only make 4400 mah or 3700 I'm leaning on the 4400 side for a tad more flight time. The extra weight of the cc120 will probably help keep the packs back on the wing tube and I'm using a skyrc hv bec not sure of the wight of it but I could probably move it around to dial in the cg. I just moved my flight packs back 130mm in the yak havnt balanced it yet but she was nose heavy in the rear mark before I moved them. Ke was killing me I've dealt with crocks that aren't that hard to control

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hahaha IMO it looks a bit like a mentos wrapper not my cuppa tea and the old laser orientation detecters work fine. Are your packs side by side or inline? I can't seem to find any build logs on the beast hence all the questions

Maybe you can help with that :) :)

Manta

70cc twin V2
I held in my hands today parts of a motor that i bet will haul a 91 extra like a boss!! Getting closer finally WOOT!! I'm gonna need a 91 extra. 78 extra or msx also for somethin else.

Feral

Hi guys I posted a couple of quick vids of my yak up on the 3DRCF Facebook page my smartass phone won't let me post them up on here

how to store your 48 or 60 inch electrics?

can anyone give me some tips on good or bad storage methods for these size planes. we have one 48 inch, soon to be two, and one 60 inch and although i currently love displaying the 60 inch on my work table sitting on the plane stand i need to move it to make room for other projects. i would like to hang them by the tail as i've seen that done before. any cautions doing it that way? i don't think i've seen many folks hang planes like this from the prop like i do with foamies? any tips or pics would be great.

The two piece hanger (makes the width adjustable) from Lowes is for my larger 70", and the one piece from Home Depot are for anything smaller.

Last edited by a moderator: