• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

Sarlacc

50cc
congrats! what are you going to put into it?

I have a new DLE 61 that only got the taste of some fuel on my OMP Hybrid before I crumpled it.
I figure it ought to fit on there nicely.
I would like to have a twin, but that was the trade off for a new airframe.

Sarlacc

50cc
By the time I put either a can or pipe on a GP I would be over the price of the two "budget" twins and be within striking distance of the DA. Within my local group, I would be chastised for running a side dump muffler when a canister is a viable option.

Gas engines and heavy metal are two things you have to have turned all the way up. If I could run a open header and make it louder, I would.

Sarlacc

50cc
Yeah russ what ya gona put in it.. Ya cant go wrong with the power of the GP 61

I want to see how yours runs at the end of the season before I am sold on GP. I am sure they are inline if not better then the competition, I remember a lot of issues you had with another brand a few years ago. :)

Has the PTE-72 been released yet?

I got mine last August I think. I got a first batch one from IBC in you RC. I got tired of waiting for the DA-70. I had to get a warranty repair, and I have not gotten around to flying it yet this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

dribar

70cc twin V2
Thanks dude. Got settled into the new house, joined the local club and ordered a 48" EF Edge yesterday.....

dribar

70cc twin V2
Woo Hoo!!! Nice man!
I sold the 91 yak when we moved -- just to make life a bit easier, but here we are 12 months later. Just ordered another from EF on Friday. Here we go a building :) Got a DA70 this time though....