• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale F7F Tigercat 1/4 scale

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
If may suggest using a carbon tube to transfer torque is not a good practice, this is because the fibres run longitudinally, to transfer torque in a carbon tube it needs to be sold. Just a suggestion.

If may suggest using a carbon tube to transfer torque is not a good practice, this is because the fibres run longitudinally, to transfer torque in a carbon tube it needs to be sold. Just a suggestion.
yes very good point, but too late now , so considering the torque needed to operate the ailerons is very little, yes my fingers are crossed lol

the first wing tip served me well as a proof of concept, but I will not use it since there were some mistakes . So here I am putting together another one exactly the same but hopefully not the same mistakes, took more care since it will be the final part, but learned a lot from the first, also 3D printed the gear box , not quite finished with some of the parts ex. spacer washer, , then will have to make 10.5 degree offset for the mounting on the rib, so far all going well
DSC_0930.JPG
DSC_0931.JPG
DSC_0935.JPG
DSC_0936.JPG