• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale F7F Tigercat 1/4 scale

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice job looks like is going to work well.
Just looking at it the pinion and bevel gear looks like it could be around three to one. Will that give enough rotation on the flaps to get what you need. Normally a servo is 120 degree rotation and at 40 degrees flap rotation will that be enough.

Last edited:
Nice job looks like is going to work well.
Just looking at it the pinion and bevel gear looks like it could be around three to one. Will that give enough rotation on the flaps to get what you need. Normally a servo is 120 degree rotation and at 40 degrees flap rotation will that be enough.
good point but these are being used on the ailerons only, the flaps will actually be operated with true Hydraulic cylinders
As for servos operating at 120 degrees hmmm I don't think so total 90 degrees at best , correct me if I am wrong

this is the drum brakes I will use on the tigercat, here fitted to a 3D printed proof of concept inner wheel part

Attachments

• 27.JPG
    27.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 346
  • 28.JPG
    28.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 395