• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FAA 2014-0396- interpretation of new rule for Model Aircraft

SnowDog

Agreed...I wouldn't be making the comment I did unless I had already made my voice heard, which I have done.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Agreed...I wouldn't be making the comment I did unless I had already made my voice heard, which I have done.

I wasn't making an accusations just a reminder to those who have not commented beyond the forums. That is needed also to heighten awareness of the problem. "If you see (or hear) something (irresponsible RC behavior of any kind that could jeopardize the hobby) say something."

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
You're kidding right? I hope so. Even though you sound a bit peeved as we all should be you do express common sense and are obviously concerned about safety. It's the folks who don't care about anyone or anything that worries me. The "I can therefore I will and I don't care about the risks or who it may harm" group I'm concerned about.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

I wasn't making an accusations just a reminder to those who have not commented beyond the forums. That is needed also to heighten awareness of the problem. "If you see (or hear) something (irresponsible RC behavior of any kind that could jeopardize the hobby) say something."

It's all good here, Daren, I was mainly responding to Azhar's post. :)

AKfreak

150cc
Yeah, I feel ya. I have $400+ ALONE in my goggles. Not to mention my ground station, and support gear. . This is where this rule is so stupid. You can do FPV, as long as you are peeking at a monitor, and not using goggles. That monitor is way more dangerous IMO. These things are a spec 200 feet away any way. Glare on a monitor you can lose orientation easy, so you have to put on a hood to shield the monitor. Now you are buried behind a hood, but you are technically facing the machine, and you are eyes on.

The second guy as a spotter and a set of goggles is way better, specifically if you are buddy boxed as you should be. These laws are a joke, and should be only for the newbies who buy the Phantoms, and Walkera's, Ideaflys, Blades, ect... basically anyone that isn't really into hobby RC.

I have ben PO'd about this for days now. I just know the Feds are going to play hardball, and ruin this for everyone. Anyone want to buy some Fatsharks? LOL

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
After doing some more reading it does not look like these are actual Laws yet. And the FAA can not enforce them yet.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
After doing some more reading it does not look like these are actual Laws yet. And the FAA can not enforce them yet.

That's another concern, is the "Effective immediately" statement without going through the proper comment period and response to comments.

3dbandit

100cc
Saw this on Google+ 14 - UAV.png