• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FAA 2014-0396- interpretation of new rule for Model Aircraft

njswede

150cc
Be that as it may, I still don't understand what Spanish hillbillies almost capable of manned flight have to do with my little 350qx. If Spanish hillbilly copters is what they're after, regulate the Spanish hillbilly copters, but leave my tiny little quad alone! The problem with the proposed legislation its that it's way too wide in its definition of a model and way to narrow in its restrictions.

AKfreak

150cc
I plan to be an OUTLAW. I am not going to stop flying FPV, Period! I only observe laws I deem necessary to protect human life and the well being of theirs. If flying my QAV 250 in the trees with goggles on would harm someone or be a threat to a Commercial Aircraft, I might consider stopping. But I am not, so I will not!.

Azhar

50cc
FPV on private property is not going to be a big deal in my opinion. Where it gets to be a concern is when you are in a public setting. Right now, play nice until sane people get it sorted out. Trying to be a rebel will only cause a bigger headache for the community and better ammo for the lawmakers.

AKfreak

150cc
FPV on private property is not going to be a big deal in my opinion. Where it gets to be a concern is when you are in a public setting. Right now, play nice until sane people get it sorted out. Trying to be a rebel will only cause a bigger headache for the community and better ammo for the lawmakers.
Agreed

SnowDog

You are making a big assumption that sane logical people are in charge of the decision making process! ;)

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
You are making a big assumption that sane logical people are in charge of the decision making process! ;)

+1++++
You know the old adage about "ASSUMING"? "No action is action in itself". Don't be a victim of assuming that someone else will make what you feel is the "right" decision. Speak your mind in the context given. Make your comments on regulations.gov, communicate with legislators when given the chance and educate those who you see doing or talking about doing foolish things that could help fuel the fire for those narrow minded legislators looking for excuses to over regulate a hobby.

Azhar

50cc
Just like talking to lawmakers....it is just a hope.....

And you do have VOICE in the link provided to voice your concerns.

Last edited by a moderator: