• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FAA Announces their rules for radio controlled aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I didn't register my Raven and just
<<<<<< LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!!! :eek:

I am always skeptical when it comes to the government initiating ANY new regulatory scheme. It only goes towards furthering the unbelievable bureaucracy that already exists. Think I'll wait and see how things shake out down the raod a bit.

And for those too lazy to click a link, here's a few paragraphs from the article which are quite appropriate:

U.S. Senator Barry Goldwater used the metaphor in expressing his opposition to the National Defense Education Act in 1958:[1]

This bill and the foregoing remarks of the majority remind me of an old Arabian proverb: "If the camel once gets his nose in the tent, his body will soon follow." If adopted, the legislation will mark the inception of aid, supervision, and ultimately control of education in this country by the federal authorities.[2]

And look where we are today with the federal government and education...

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I obide by all AMA rules and regulations. Now, someone please explain to my WHY i have to obide by the FAA, now.

I have said this before, these idiot quad pilots are going to ruin all of this for us. And it looks like they have! Thanks a***oles!
Because AMA threw us under the bus, by lumping us in with the drones, and quads, all for nothing more than greed, seeing $$$$ in more memberships sold. Hell they suggested while on the task force for this faa sh*t, was no don't worry bout AMA members, only non ama members need to register, thinking all of these drone fu*ks would run to join the ama. It's all backfired on them now, and we as members are left to comply.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
It's really not about the money per say for me, it is about the stupidity of it all. The people that sit in their gubment office and dictate laws when they really have no clue what is going on in the real world. Only to get my name and address along with my money and put it in the special file. Also in that special file is everything I like, buy, eat,say, travel to, look at online, email. Its getting a little ridiculous. I think I will wait too. If it will be enforced on legal ama members, I will dump AMA and the sport. Too many other hobbies to get into that don't have a threat of fines. For what it is starting to cost and the regulations that are coming, I can afford a real aircraft.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
the AMA is likely going to sue to have the FAA remove recreational users removed from this requirement based on “The Special Rule for Model Aircraft in the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 clearly states that the FAA is prohibited from promulgating any new rules for recreational users operating within the safety guidelines of a community-based organization (CBO). "

quote from the AMA's press release today.

The biggest problem with this is the members of the AMA are but a zit on the ass in relation to all the "drones" out there by volume of craft in the air. I wish they would have started this separation long ago when it became apparent that these things could be flown by anyone with or without fingers or a brain. Really really sad.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Because AMA threw us under the bus, by lumping us in with the drones, and quads, all for nothing more than greed, seeing $$$$ in more memberships sold. Hell they suggested while on the task force for this faa sh*t, was no don't worry bout AMA members, only non ama members need to register, thinking all of these drone fu*ks would run to join the ama. It's all backfired on them now, and we as members are left to comply.

this isn't over just yet, what Congress did was law and what the FAA is doing contradicts that law. it takes time, which sucks, but that's the nature of the beast.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
It is all about line of sight. That is the rule. If you are flying way up high and using electronic visual means instead of watching the craft with your own eyes, you are in violation. Period. The multi rotors that use camera guidance should require a class and a license to operate. If it is guided by satellite, it should have a class/regulation before you can fly it. If you are looking through a video feed, you have no peripheral view or sound awareness. If you hit an auto return switch, you no longer have control, a computer does. There are many problems with the untrained person buying these and doing whatever they want.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
By the way, if a rc event, huck event, fun fly requires I have the FAA number, I will boycot that too.

AMA sanctioned events will require an AMA membership as always, I'm sure it's up to the user to ensure they are up to speed with any further regulations. Over 55# have had to register with AMA for some time, they don't get checked at any events for their FAA papers, so we'll look forward to seeing you at the huckfests:way_to_go:

Status
Not open for further replies.