• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FAA Announces their rules for radio controlled aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
By the way, if a rc event, huck event, fun fly requires I have the FAA number, I will boycot that too.
it's a mystery.

am i in violation operating an RC vehicle in support of being the host of GiantScaleNews.com?? Should I be operating as a commercial user?

the FAA is off the rails at the moment and trying to do everything they can to appear to be in control. there are so many questions one can come up with it's mind boggling.

the moral of the story though, in simplest terms, if you enjoy this hobby don't stop doing it. don't let a $5 fee take the fun out of it. the information being requested by the FAA isn't much in the big scheme of things, especially if you compare it to what your cell phone is collecting about you!

enjoy the hobby, fly your planes, and if you're doing it right nobody will ever know you from the rest of the crowd of users.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
it's a mystery.

am i in violation operating an RC vehicle in support of being the host of GiantScaleNews.com?? Should I be operating as a commercial user?

the FAA is off the rails at the moment and trying to do everything they can to appear to be in control. there are so many questions one can come up with it's mind boggling.

the moral of the story though, in simplest terms, if you enjoy this hobby don't stop doing it. don't let a $5 fee take the fun out of it. the information being requested by the FAA isn't much in the big scheme of things, especially if you compare it to what your cell phone is collecting about you!

enjoy the hobby, fly your planes, and if you're doing it right nobody will ever know you from the rest of the crowd of users.
Kites??? Does my 4 year old need a FAA number? Footballs,volleyballs, soccerballs, baseballs, the beaver dam I blew up. All of these things fly through the air. Do they apply?

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
this isn't over just yet, what Congress did was law and what the FAA is doing contradicts that law. it takes time, which sucks, but that's the nature of the beast.
I don't have much faith in ama suing the FAA. This ( Sec. 336 Special Rule for Model Aircraft) is what ama was using as a platform to stand on, and FAA said buck off.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Kites??? Does my 4 year old need a FAA number? Footballs,volleyballs, soccerballs, baseballs, the beaver dam I blew up. All of these things fly through the air. Do they apply?

That whole deal has been hashed out months ago. Unless you have a radio controlled or autonomous football or kite you are fine.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
My brother went to the faa link and apparently the license is for drones only. He may be wrong. I will have to check.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. I guess technically my edge does not have a man in it. If I put the bust of a dude in it am I good?

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I read that stupid faa link. They show a picture of a quad copter. I will play stupid on this one. It doesn't say big smokey edge, so I am not going to worry about it until AMA says I fly an "Anmanned Aerial System". Then, I will sever my ties with the ama.

Status
Not open for further replies.