• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FAA Announces their rules for radio controlled aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB4SPD

30cc
Lets all hope this is one thing in aviation that don't fly! Where are the lawyer leeches I know they lurking. Oh yeah they still making that new TV add for ones who have been injured by a trucker or drunk driver. Where are you Alexander Shanaura? Damn we need help down here!

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
You guys can do as you choose but I will not be complying because according to "PUBLIC LAW 112–95—FEB. 14, 2012" " SEC. 336. SPECIAL RULE FOR MODEL AIRCRAFT" , as long as flown under the listed parameters I am exempt. There are no and's. if's, or but's, as long as one abides by the parameters.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I just called and cancelled my AMA this morning and they refunded my money no questions asked. Super easy and the lady was nice. I am just making sure that if the ama does get it so that you are "automatically registered", I ain't gonna be one of them. It is too bad because I really enjoyed the sport. But on top of how expensive this has become in the last 3 years alone just in shipping and arf prices, to add insult to injury, we are made to feel like we need to be registered like a sex offender.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the absurdity of a non-registration violation for a person hand launching his DLG?

Imagine how the press might report that story. Kid throws glider up into the air - investigated by FAA and local law enforcement.....

Simply ridiculous!

Shame on the AMA for not insisting on separating Line-of-Sight Model Aviation from FPV/GPS controlled flight!

You guys can do as you choose but I will not be complying because according to "PUBLIC LAW 112–95—FEB. 14, 2012" " SEC. 336. SPECIAL RULE FOR MODEL AIRCRAFT" , as long as flown under the listed parameters I am exempt. There are no and's. if's, or but's, as long as one abides by the parameters.

I was just getting ready to post the same biz.

Enforcement for this ruling is being left up to local law enforcement agencies. I guess I will be flying at my club and the sheriff's department will stop by and check to see if anyone is registered while someone across town is being murdered, raped or robbed. I understand why some of you are giving up flying because of all of this. Myself I can't stop flying. I love it too much. I will be LMAO when see reports of fines issued to drone pilots.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
BINGO!

Status
Not open for further replies.