• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FAA Announces their rules for radio controlled aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry,
I just want to clear up a huge misconception. There are NO AMA sanctioned fields......

Well if we are trying to look like a group that flies responsibly at specific locations to a group with no common sense you want to break things down that far? So what you are pointing out then is that we are just the "bunch of idiots" that "fly our toy's" anywhere we want like they are calling us on the FAA FB page.

Take a look at it.....more than one full scale pilot on there is call drone pilots "idiots", yup, you're an idiot, I am, we ALL are. Now you want to argue about the fine details of trying to make us look like a respectable group of pilots instead of a bunch of idiots?

I fly at an AMA club field and many others around the country, not sure about you.

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
Well if we are trying to look like a group that flies responsibly at specific locations to a group with no common sense you want to break things down that far? So what you are pointing out then is that we are just the "bunch of idiots" that "fly our toy's" anywhere we want like they are calling us on the FAA FB page.

Take a look at it.....more than one full scale pilot on there is call drone pilots "idiots", yup, you're an idiot, I am, we ALL are. Now you want to argue about the fine details of trying to make us look like a respectable group of pilots instead of a bunch of idiots?

I fly at an AMA club field and many others around the country, not sure about you.
I ALSO fly at our AMA chartered club's field, I belonged to a club 20 years ago that flew off highschool property..
I AM NOT SAYING THAT WE ARE IDIOTS FLYING, I AM JUST CLEARING UP A MISCONCEPTION THAT AMA CLUBS AND ITS MEMBERS ONLY FLY AT A AMA CHARTERED CLUBS SPECIFIC FIELD...... THE AMA DOES NOT REQUIRE IT , AND NEVER HAS.

One thing, be sure to put (modelaircraft.org) after "AMA" when posting on news sites because otherwise people may be wondering what the American Medical Association or whatever it is has to do with drones.

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
Don't care, just trying to present as a respectable professional manner, so so sorry I used the word sanctioned instead of chartered. I beg for forgiveness for trying to do something for you other than cry over meaningless details.

Damn............
The AMA does not "charter" fields either...... they ONLY charted clubs..... the AMA does not care where that club flies, and never has..... so the perception that AMA Chartered clubs only fly at an AMA approved specific site is wrong....... I know many AMA members that fly their park fliers, heli's etc in their back yards and the AMA covers them just the same as where a club may fly.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
hey guys, obviously emotions and tension are running high right now so let's just take a deep breath and let the dust settle before we go blowing the place up over this, ok?

i understand the many positions people are expressing, i don't blame anyone for feeling one way or another. let's offer each other a little respect and try to keep the discussion objective and civil.

i wish i could make this situation better for everyone but i can't so let's at least not take it out on each other.

thanks,
bart

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks like AMA is trying to save their ass, just sent out an E-mail about car insurance discounts for being an AMA member. Must be a lot of people jumping ship already, sad.

I'm looking forward to going home and working on my airplane today and looking forward to many events this year! (at AMA recognized clubs and fields) LOL.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Here is how I am feeling. Am I going to join the FAA? Hell yea!!! Am I going to continue to be in the hobby?? You bet your ass!!! I will be in the hobby for as long as it makes financial sense to fly RC rather than full scale. There is too much to gain from this hobby other than just flying airplanes. Friendships that last a lifetime, knowledge that lasts a lifetime, etc.

But today I feel like I have tire tracks on me, but next week I guess I'll be riding the FAA bus.
Throw them under the Bus.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.