• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick 540 Build Thread

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Absolutely belly pan, I think my weight savings was something like 6-7 oz. I cut mine a little different than in the plans but very close.

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
I went back and looked at my build thread and for the belly it was 1.7oz For the 42% Slicks I don't think I would the cut it's on V/H stabs. I'm going to on the 35% because I think it be tad tail heavy with the DA70

Spats

100cc
I think I am with you guys, I did do the belly but I am not going to do the stabs and rudder. I put the carbon in so if I change my mind I can. Just before I start covering I am going to get an initial balance. That may help me decide. The carbon was so light it hardly registered on the scale.

Spats

100cc
Just went back through your old thread Terry, I should do that more often. I could probably cut more out on mine as I only saved 3oz but not to worried about it right now maybe later.

I don't know what it is about this vacuum thing but I love doing it and I'm getting all excited I get to sheet the wings next. :banana-dance:

Spats

100cc
Finished the stabs last night except for one mistake, I forgot to glue a piece. I wish I could say this is the only mistake I've made on this plane but I'd be a bigger lyre than Brian Williams:confused:

Attachments

• 20150210_154905.jpg
    20150210_154905.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 179

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Finished the stabs last night except for one mistake, I forgot to glue a piece. I wish I could say this is the only mistake I've made on this plane but I'd be a bigger lyre than Brian Williams:confused:

I've never done that! Nope, not me......well, maybe that one time
embarrassed-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Well I have to confess I have made a couple of mistakes on mine too. I have to get moving on mine, I'm falling behind and summer will be here before you know it.

I just ordered a new enclosed trailer today for hauling my stuff to the field so I'm pretty excited about that. I bought an all aluminum 6x10 v-nose that will be painted victory red on the back half and charcoal grey in the front part so it should look sharp. I won't have to worry about any rust since it is all aluminum, but man they are pricey, hell what's not pricey in this great hobby.