• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick 540 Build Thread

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
I did get some work done on the plane this weekend, but I spent most of it building a sanding table. I need to pick up one more filter tomorrow and wire the motor and it is ready to go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 254
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 244
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 252
I like the dust table you are making looks great. I need to do the same thing. My old box fan give up the ghost about a week ago.
I plan to build one before I start my next model and I will have to come over and get some ideas from you.

I have to do something because even with my dust collector and box fan I still get too much dust.

Spats

100cc
I did get some work done on the plane this weekend, but I spent most of it building a sanding table. I need to pick up one more filter tomorrow and wire the motor and it is ready to go.

You made it look so easy, like 10 minutes easy. Looks great. that is definitely on my list next.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
@Bipenut , the sanding table came out great!!! Give us a report when you fire it up and test it, I have no doubt you will be impressed with it! I'm curios to see how the horizontal filters right under the surface compare to vertical filters lower down. I find that the heavy sawdust sits on the sloped sides of mine and can be cleaned out with a shop vac, leaving the filters to only handle the fine dust.

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
@Bipenut , the sanding table came out great!!! Give us a report when you fire it up and test it, I have no doubt you will be impressed with it! I'm curios to see how the horizontal filters right under the surface compare to vertical filters lower down. I find that the heavy sawdust sits on the sloped sides of mine and can be cleaned out with a shop vac, leaving the filters to only handle the fine dust.
I will let you know how it works.