• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick.....sort of build thread.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Bdegan;7392 wrote: Hi Guys,

I know this is Terry ' s build thread. But just trying to help promote the plane.

This is a video from Sunday of my Hyperlite .

Hope you enjoy. If I have offended anyone, I will edit and remove.

Hey, waddaya think your doing posting all this awesome stuff!!! Post away! I talked to Rick and since he's moving over from the "other place" he's going to continue with some pics of the wrap up of his build here as well. I've only got my elevators and rudder out to 1.75" on a 2" arm, I think I'm going to move them out to get an extra couple of degrees. With it being so floaty I can really tell the difference in your vid, also with the small prop wash disk on this size plane the more throw the better.

Oh, and that was quite a butt clincher move you had there!!!

Everyone that asks me I say the same thing.....it's literally like a 42% crack yak. Different than anything else I've flown for sure.

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
Brad...Thanks for posting the video. We all enjoy. Feel free to post away and same for you other guys that are building the Slick.

Like Terry said butt clincher move. I saw another kit going to Canada for a second. Nice job..

Bdegan

50cc
Thanks guys.

I have been flying with a Falcon 28 X 9 wide. This last video was with a 28 X 9.5

it was easier to hold and control than the 28 X 9 wide on this airframe.

Yesterday I ordered a Falcon 28 X 9 regular width blade to try. Being 26.5 lbs. I am actually having a challenge finding a prop that doesn't bite to hard. The low end has a fair amount of torque. So I need a prop that doesn't have as much bite at lower rpm. So that I can have the engine spin a bit faster when down low and slow.

Some of us here have found the planes are easier to control if under propped a little. Of course throttle management is required at full throttle because they will rip hard ;-)

Bdegan

50cc
Fibertech;7530 wrote: Brad...Thanks for posting the video. We all enjoy. Feel free to post away and same for you other guys that are building the Slick.

Like Terry said butt clincher move. I saw another kit going to Canada for a second. Nice job..

Hi Rick,

Any hints as to where the kit is going ?

Bdegan

50cc
bigblueswope;7543 wrote: He was thinking it was going to you when he was watching that baller move early in your vid. ;-)

Ohhhhh !!!!!

Had to re read what Rick had said. Now I get it.... LOL

sorry, I'm still on my first coffee

BalsaDust

Walkerk122;7595 wrote: Well, I finally found the "new site" everyone was hinting around about.

Looking really good guys!

Glad to have you. This site is growing fast so tell any of your friends that don't already know about it.