• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

First Contest at GiantScaleNews.com!! Desert Aircraft Engine Giveaway!!

Doug

Ill pick up a bottle of Pendletons if you are going to be at the Trout Farm on the weekend I cant make it all weekend but will daytrip Saturday Family commitments

Canadian Club? that's rotgut whiskey Crown Royal is a nice second to Pendeltons

Again sorry Im not a big poster and working away I was having problems logging in on my phone

I read and learn a lot from the knowledgeable people on this site lots of new ideas

I will have to pick up a new 50cc plane for my first DA

Thanks to Sleepy and Crew for a great new site

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
rplante;13790 wrote: Doug

Ill pick up a bottle of Pendletons if you are going to be at the Trout Farm on the weekend I cant make it all weekend but will daytrip Saturday Family commitments

Again sorry Im not a big poster and working away I was having problems logging in on my phone

I read and learn a lot from the knowledgeable people on this site lots of new ideas

Doesn't matter how much you post. (There may be a few that would dispute that...LOL) What matters is that you are now one of "GSN's" very own. And darn pleased to have you. Personally it sounds as though the motor couldn't have gone to a nicer fellow. :first:

Next time Im in ft mac we should hook up for a drink or 6 daughter and her boyfriend grand daughter are up in Timberlea

reyn3545

100cc
rplante;13790 wrote: Doug

It's nice to see that out of 1000 random possibilities, the motor went to someone who can use it to try something new in the hobby, Good luck with it... but don't be fooled! DA motors are like crack. They should give everyone a DA50 when the start in the hobby.. it's a gateway motor to the big toys!

Congrats on the new motor there, Rplante! And to you guys that are drinking

that rocket fuel, I have a mason jar of the aforementioned apple pie high

test sitting on top of the fridge. Quit drinking back in 1986... I got this container

of "pie" from a lady at church because she called it "starter" for some cake

recipe. Some kind of starter! One of you guys make it over here to Texas for

a fly-In or a business trip, let me know and it's all yours!

WT

Sorry if I gave the impression I am new to the Gas engine scene My first gas was a Byron Pitts with a Quadra 42 I went straight gas in 1998 or 1999 current go to plane is my EL 110 yak with gp123 doing a 3dhs 104 slick this winter it's all white getting a custom scheme

currently 2 50cc an older 2.3 comp arf 330 with mvvs 58 on tuned can and aeroworks ultimate with os 55 get

If things work out right maybe a 40% this winter early spring like the hanger 9 sukhoi with zdz 180 idea or a good used carden or Dalton as at this time I do not have time to build

debating on what to use the 50 in pilot extra 260 or aeroworks trainer as I have 1 new student for sure might be a couple more

13838=7830-20140803_112734.jpg
13838=7830-20140803_112734.jpg

My EL 110 yak gp 123 power with pro rc pipes good power very quiet

Super08

70cc twin V2
rplante;13794 wrote: Next time Im in ft mac we should hook up for a drink or 6 daughter and her boyfriend grand daughter are up in Timberlea

Sounds good :) BTW the H9 Sukhoi is an incredible flying plane.

reyn3545

100cc
rplante;13837 wrote: Sorry if I gave the impression I am new to the Gas engine scene My first gas was a Byron Pitts with a Quadra 42 I went straight gas in 1998 or 1999 current go to plane is my EL 110 yak with gp123 doing a 3dhs 104 slick this winter it's all white getting a custom scheme

currently 2 50cc an older 2.3 comp arf 330 with mvvs 58 on tuned can and aeroworks ultimate with os 55 get

If things work out right maybe a 40% this winter early spring like the hanger 9 sukhoi with zdz 180 idea or a good used carden or Dalton as at this time I do not have time to build

debating on what to use the 50 in pilot extra 260 or aeroworks trainer as I have 1 new student for sure might be a couple more

My bad... Well, congratulations anyway! Sounds like the motor will still benefit your student(s) as they learn to fly. That's a great thing.