• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FLI V at the 114th Sponsored by 3DHS and 3DRCFORUMS

helitroll

New to GSN!
Less than a month to go. Batteries are charging and ready to go. The runway will be rolled in early April to make it even smoother. The field is in great shape.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Very excited!

Any updates to the schedule for each day? (Demos, contests, dinners, etc)

Any cool raffle prizes other than what's been announced from 3DHS, Hitec, & Castle?

gwh1

New to GSN!
We will have Chef Dave running the grill as always for some breakfast burritos and burgers for lunch. And anything else he cooks up like pork ternderloin. There are also many near by places to grab fast food to a variety of ethinic foods if that is more appealing.

The bulk of the flying will be open flying followed by more open flying. We will have a little time dedicated to light foamies each evening. I'm sure Ben & Co. will put on a few demos and there is always some time for pick up matches of Blender Chicken etc.

B

Blucor Basher

We're super busy getting ready for this, Toledo, SEFF, Nall..you get the idea. So more building and organizing than posting lately.

Yep, barring any unforseen crashes, we'll have a new airplane that we're testing flying at the event. As always, any airplane in testing is a work in progress, so don't be surprised to see pieces of wood and tape hanging off of it while we're trying something.

We'regathering raffle prizes and garage sale items. Currently, the plan is to have the big trailer at this event with plenty of planes and parts.

Really looking forward to the first FLI of the season, at the home of the FLI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Great to hear Ben and looking forward to seeing you and the team again back in Texas. It was at this very event several years ago that I first was introduced to you and 3DHS

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I haven't seen anything regarding an attendance list or any thing regarding pilot registration. Is there and I've just missed it??

I'm planning to take off work Friday and get to the field around 9AM. Hope to get some flying in before the real pilots start to arrive.