• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fly Models ARF's - your opinion???

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
An update, I dont have a lot of time on the FM extra 50cc due to having to rebuild the 55 but this plane is great for learning new things, Your mind can rest at ease when you have it in dangrous situations knowing that its fairly cheep for a plane that flys great, Even passed off the transmitter to @combat chicken

[ATTACH]14939[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]14938[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]14937[/ATTACH]

There are 4 of these Fly models floating around the club, and after taking a pull on @emtp275 's extra last night, I'm impressed, a little shocked actually that it flew so true.
[QUOTE="combat chicken, post: 53908, member: 596"]Yep [USER=188]@emtp275
@ChickenBalls looks like the thunderbird is going to find a home in my shop based on your reviews!
I kinda have the same feeling :I_agree: on some of the "koolaid" models I have. In looking @mulehead1969 MX and seeing pics of your bird, getting into 50cc with a FM seems like a reasonable, inexpensive step, to a lot of fun learning/honing your 3D skills.:applause:[/QUOTE]

@combat chicken I may order one up also. I'm going to wait and do a little shopping at Nall first.[/user]

emtp275

100cc
Just replaced the cheep canister I had on my extra with a proflow, also had a servo go bad in the tail I sent back to hitec, and I have to admit i have a 89 slick, a 104 slick "that i have yet to fly" a 42 slick and a 72 extra all in the trailer ready to fly and I keep coming back to my FM 88 extra really miss this one while it is down.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Now I am up to date with this brand! "FLY MODEL".....I had been thinking "FLIGHT MODEL". (To much pot and beer as a kid) lol . Any way...... a "beater" for a buck 3 zero or less is awesome! If where not for a DA motor and pro flo I could do the Peak with a EME twin 70 for right at that price! I'm hoping the Peak will be a "sturdy girl" and take off weight 17.5 lbs.

emtp275

100cc
Did I mention I love this plane? LOL got my servo back today and had to fly her, Proflow increased top end by 400rpm and leveled out the power band feeling in mid range. I may need to order another one Im sure ill show off the insides on this one some time soon.

image.jpeg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Did I mention I love this plane? LOL got my servo back today and had to fly her, Proflow increased top end by 400rpm and leveled out the power band feeling in mid range. I may need to order another one Im sure ill show off the insides on this one some time soon.

View attachment 17318

Lets hope not. But they all have date certain! lol I can't believe I have had my Pilot Edge for over 4 years!!! Now that's an accomplishment for me! :woohoo!:

emtp275

100cc
Now I am up to date with this brand! "FLY MODEL".....I had been thinking "FLIGHT MODEL". (To much pot and beer as a kid) lol . Any way...... a "beater" for a buck 3 zero or less is awesome! If where not for a DA motor and pro flo I could do the Peak with a EME twin 70 for right at that price! I'm hoping the Peak will be a "sturdy girl" and take off weight 17.5 lbs.
Pretty sure these models come from the same place and this extra with EME 55 and proflow, 2s x2 lipo and a 2000mah ing pack comes in at 16.4lbs dry with that 70 you may have a beast lol