• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Freestyle Routine Music

3dcarter

50cc
The music mixing software I use is called Audacity. It's free to download. I actually just finished a freestyle routine, and I'm going to start practicing so I can compete in the Pacific Coast Freestyle!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
The music mixing software I use is called Audacity. It's free to download. I actually just finished a freestyle routine, and I'm going to start practicing so I can compete in the Pacific Coast Freestyle!

Glad to hear it buddy! I will try to make it and hang with you and Daniel. I'm assuming he will be there.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
The only thing that would stop me from being there is another event that I'm hosting is on the same date!

3dcarter

50cc
what event is that?? please don't tell me Monsterfest is the same weekend... if not... When is monsterfest?? [MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION]

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
We haven't scheduled Monster Fest yet but we usually have a small window due to harvest time… We will do everything we can to make sure we don't have any competing events that weekend.

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2

I've heard of that. Is it easy to use? I think you can use windows video editor to do it as well.

3dcarter

50cc
I've heard of that. Is it easy to use? I think you can use windows video editor to do it as well.

It took a little bit of getting used to, but I finally got the hang of it. There are some really nice YouTube tutorials on how to use it, but it works really well. I've made two freestyles with it

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Ok guys I'm reaching out. I have audacity, have used it a few times (learning). Practice the maneuvers (rolling harriers still rough (goal this season -rollers- left, right, slow, loops and rifle). I have a growing list of potential music.
Question- how do you guys put the routine together? Maneuver placement with the music?
Is it a matter of listening and visualizing, testing it in pieces then repeat til you get 3 or 4 minutes? Or do you have a different process?
I know I'm not going to compete at high levels but I'd love to be able to put a nice freestyle together this year. I'm competing in Sportsman I think. Thanks. When I hear the music I can envision the maneuvers but going from there to flying is the hard part for me. It's like writing a song and the maneuvers are the lyrics.

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Ok, so I spend lots of time picking apart songs on a big list to make one. Let's take a 3 minute routine. My suggestion is to be a true all around great freestyle you need to be fast and slow. Mix it up between 3-5 songs (3 minute routine). Then once I have the music I just listen to it a lot. Pick out certain parts of the song in which you know you want to do something to a certain beat or bang. I don't know why, but I call them hit spots.

So say I have 3 "hit" spots in 3 minutes. I know at the first spot I was to do a crank shaft, second spot I want to do a blender (blenders are great in slow songs) and third a pop top. I then start working stuff around that and decide what can lead up to the main hits. It just takes time and each routine gets better. One thing is in a song you need to know where you need to be in the box at certain points. So if I need to be on the north side of the box and I'm running behind you can really get on the throttle to get where you need to be.

People to really watch are Seth, Daniel, Jason Noll and a few others. Study their stuff like you are in school. Then just practice.