• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Friday May 15, 2015 Joe Nall

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Dispointing behavior late Friday night, some unsafe flying trying to rip the wings off on a big plane (35%?) the crashed it on a death slide on purpose. then someone also poured gasoline on side walk around bon fire and lit it, scorching it.
Guys! this is the kind of stuff that ruins it for everyone else. how would like it if they ban alcohol or fires because of this next year!

Wow really?? That's a little disheartening.

Wow really?? That's a little disheartening.
Yes it was.

Also, these young pilots that are out there trying to rip their planes apart, need someone to guide them, whether it is their parents or their sponsors. I don't know how many guys I saw hit the ground with their plane and keep on flying, usually to the cheers of the crowds. A RESPONSIBLE pilot would land and check to make sure that the plane was still safe to fly.
I saw two pilots Thursday night damage their plane and just keep on flying. STUPID. When one of these planes gets crippled and flies off into the darkness, the night flying will be over.

I have a picture here that will show the selfishness of individuals that witnessed the crash. I KEEP my plane flying! I found out that the plane had damage from earlier in the day and that they let a HIGH PROFILE idiot of a pilot try to tear the wings off. He was repeatedly diving straight down at full power and then yanking hard on the stick to try to break off the wings. He DID break a horizontal stab off then took it high up over the crowd and power knife edge into the ground! The picture speaks for its self! The People at Joe Nall know of the incident and will be investigating it. Once the person is identified, they will be barred from Joe Nall for life. If it was a sponsored pilot, their sponsorship will be removed. I hope that anyone with information will come forward and notify the AMA and the directors of Joe Nall. We as a group of people will not tolerate the irresponsibility of people that give our hobby a bad name.

As to the fire that was started at the 3D line, the local police know who the individuals are. Whether they place charges of arson against them will be their decision.

I wish that the person and or persons responsible for last nights events will step forward before the AMA and Triple Tree Aerodrome find the individuals.
DSCN0346.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I have a picture here that will show the selfishness of individuals that witnessed the crash. I KEEP my plane flying! I found out that the plane had damage from earlier in the day and that they let a HIGH PROFILE idiot of a pilot try to tear the wings off. He was repeatedly diving straight down at full power and then yanking hard on the stick to try to break off the wings. He DID break a horizontal stab off then took it high up over the crowd and power knife edge into the ground! The picture speaks for its self! The People at Joe Nall know of the incident and will be investigating it. Once the person is identified, they will be barred from Joe Nall for life. If it was a sponsored pilot, their sponsorship will be removed. I hope that anyone with information will come forward and notify the AMA and the directors of Joe Nall. We as a group of people will not tolerate the irresponsibility of people that give our hobby a bad name.

As to the fire that was started at the 3D line, the local police know who the individuals are. Whether they place charges of arson against them will be their decision.

I wish that the person and or persons responsible for last nights events will step forward before the AMA and Triple Tree Aerodrome find the individuals.
View attachment 22691
This is so sad. I mean, losing a plane is one thing. But to intentionally drill it in is just plain ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that taking others safety into consideration, (or shall I say the lack thereof) is just plain ignorant. When people start attacking this hobby as this is just as blatten disregard to everything we stand for, those people need to be banned for life.

poprlite

50cc
I have some beef with a dude that was parked next to me. The guy thought triple tree was his on personal ashtray. Butts laying everywhere! Urg.