• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Friday May 15, 2015 Joe Nall

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Deep down inside, all of us are still 2 years old I guess.

No, this is not two year old stuff this is absolute absurd stupidity with a giant side of disrespect. I hope these jerks pay and pay HARD. Triple Tree is absolutely the most awesome and beautiful place for us to enjoy and some douche nozzle has to pull this kind of crap. This is fail of epic proportions.

I will add one other thing, myself and three other guy's I saw spent close to an hour picking up bottles, cans and spent / unspent fireworks (which are prohibited) from around the gazebo. Makes me sick, come on people we can do better than this. As Mr. Pat said at the morning meeting this AM we all need to remind people we see doing this so that the rest of us can continue to enjoy OUR Triple Tree.

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
When you have such a large public gathering you just about have to expect that their will be juvenile behavior with the potential of causing harm to the public. I think a municipal citation of public endangerment is warranted. Let them explain their behavior to the county Judge.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It really is sad that there can't be some kind of sanctions put in place that would prohibit this kind of moronic behavior. Yes, I said it. And I don't mind saying it again. "MORONIC" behavior. And then people wonder why the lot of us that truly LOVE this hobby, that believe in this hobby, that live, breathe and sweat blood over this hobby feel as we do about "IDIOTS" that ruin it for the rest of us. Charlie Daniels says it best when he suggests, "you just take them rascals out in the swamp, put 'em on their knees and tie 'em to a stump, let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest"....

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That's the whole thing stang. Sanctions will be put into effect that will also effect the 99.5% of us that care and respect the place. That's why it is so important that we nip this in the butt.

I hope all of the rest of you come next year that wanted to and could not, it truly is a treat and you can't imagine it at all from the pics and vids. You simply have to be there. Looks at all the pics and stuff and multiply what you think it is by at least 10.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@stangflyer Heel Boy! Heeeel! You can only kill someone once. But I know what you mean:gnashing:. And Terry nailed it. Sanctions are the last thing we want. It's like seeing animation over a true living experience. With you on that tho bro...BURN THE WITCH lol

Last edited:

N726AC

70cc twin V2
Mike Gregory, the contest CD for this event, was not happy with the "crash". The issue with this was that after obvious damage the the still un-named pilot continued to fly. There was no attempt to safely land or even stay away from the then crowded flightline with multiple passes and maneuvers.
Personally I was on the flightline with a potential customer on a demo flight when this happened. When we were 'bingo' fuel, I loudly announced our landing intentions and was treated to an extremely close opposing pass (with a damaged airplane.) My potential customer who is an accomplished pilot was spooked as was I. Then the inconsiderate un-named pilot met us head on again on the next landing approach..
It also appeared to me the the same un-named pilot was in a rather animated discussion with Mr. Hartness about the fire ring Saturday AM.
Yes, I did have a discussion with Mike Gregory about this. Yes, I did grab a brush and broom with a couple others to try to clean the scorch marks. Yes, I did pick up garbage and cigarette buts.
This will be interesting as to the effects on next years event. I hope the whole 3D line does not suffer from the actions of an inconsiderate few.

Simple question ,
If it's Known , without a dought , by more than a few individuals who were the root cause of the two issues at hand , why can't they be Banned from TT , and or anything AMA can do ? Why would WE allow two said pilots Ruin TT for the rest of us ?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I may never get to Joe Nall, but I still look forward to watching videos, looking at pictures and reading about it. It would be sad indeed if the action of a few childish a$$hats ruined it for everyone else.