• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba 18SZ

3D-Joy

50cc
People have been asking for something to fill the gap between the 14SG and the 18MZ since the 14SG hit the market.

I always thought if they did fill that gap that the 18MZ sales would drop a bit.
Makes me wonder when the 18MZ will get replaced.

Judge

70cc twin V2
I'm not sure they'll replace the 18MZ any time soon. Their top end radios seem to have a pretty long shelf life. The 9Z was very long lived and the 14MZ went 7 or 8 years. The 18MZ is only 3 years old.

If this is near what it looks to be I have to think it will put a dent in 18MZ sales, but that will remain to be seen. I know that the 18MZ out sold even their most optimisitic projections, so I'm not sure that will bother them much.

3D-Joy

50cc
It all makes sense. For Some reason I thought the 18 MZ was older than that.

Yes it was pretty funny hearing all these people saying that 3k was WAY too much coin for a radio while it was backordered for more than a year.

Anyway for me I decided that taking great care of my 14mz should be enough to keep me happy until they release their next great radio.

Mikeq

150cc
That R7018SB receiver is looking nice. I will get one of those and give it a spin.
R7018SB.jpg
This reciever will be nice....very similar to the Spec/JR power safe rxs. I'm sure it'll have a soft switch connection so you wont have to mess with running your power leads through conventional switches. Forget the power board/expander etc. Cant wait till Futaba officially releases it and lists it's full capability. They'll probably publicly announce it and the new 18SZ at the same time...

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
View attachment 19825 This reciever will be nice....very similar to the Spec/JR power safe rxs. I'm sure it'll have a soft switch connection so you wont have to mess with running your power leads through conventional switches. Forget the power board/expander etc. Cant wait till Futaba officially releases it and lists it's full capability. They'll probably publicly announce it and the new 18SZ at the same time...

Great minds do think alike!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I'm not sure they'll replace the 18MZ any time soon. Their top end radios seem to have a pretty long shelf life. The 9Z was very long lived and the 14MZ went 7 or 8 years. The 18MZ is only 3 years old.

If this is near what it looks to be I have to think it will put a dent in 18MZ sales, but that will remain to be seen. I know that the 18MZ out sold even their most optimisitic projections, so I'm not sure that will bother them much.

I would still be flying the 9Z with a module if it where not for a cheeseburger and coke. I threw down on the 14sg and hopped they would have this when I did. I'm always a day late and dollar short. Any body want a very little time 14sg??? It flew 1 el cheapo plane 4 times. I will throw a brand new 7008 in with it and NOT the one that was in the plane although it's GOOD!

Judge

70cc twin V2
Latest photo. From a magazine ad. Looks like it will do all Futaba protocols. FASST/FASSTest/SFHSS/T-FHSS!!! 2100 lipo pack, ball bearing gimbals (like 18MZ), starting to look like an 18MZ minus 2 sliders and one dial.

Attachments

• img_0.jpg
    img_0.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 384

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Looks really nice! Hope the display can be easily seen in outside day light. Man I hope they make a street price around 850.00. Lots of "do it all"
radios at that price point and LESS.