• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gas can all done..

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
49dimes;18502 wrote: This is my "trial" pump and controller. Controller contains battery, 350ma fast blow fuse, normally open momentary contact push switch, power lead w/ Deans connector, balance and charge jacks. The wire connecting the pump motor is 18 guage stranded copper with oil / gas resistant insulation. The battery is 1000ma nano tech. The pics are genuine as of today and this is 2years old. I can not de-fuel with this set up but then I normally leave fuel in the tank anyway. I just do not like the fact that electrons and petrol can light it up.

You do like to live on the "dangerous" side of life don't you? LOL.... Doesn't that set up make you a little "jittery"each time you make the battery connection?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
No power. The circuit is open (momentary normally open switch). Fuse blows at a hint of a short circuit. But yes your concerns are valid because unlike an automobile the common (-polarity) has no ground. No where for them pesky electrons to exit other than what's inside the can. Gas!!!

So I decided to end my death wish and keep every thing external.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
49dimes;18515 wrote: No power. The circuit is open (momentary normally open switch). Fuse blows at a hint of a short circuit. But yes your concerns are valid because unlike an automobile the common (-polarity) has no ground. No where for them pesky electrons to exit other than what's inside the can. Gas!!!

So I decided to end my death wish and keep every thing external.

Sweet....I am very glad to hear that. I'd hate to hear of your untimely demise due to lil electrons floatin' around and gettin' all mixed up with gasoline fumes. Course, I would most certainly console your planes and keep them flyin' for you. Hee hee

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
OK.... Now that we know the pump can handle the duty of gasoline service as well as water or windshield washer solvent and potential molotov cocktail.... The price is right at about 17 dollars at your nearest auto part store.

Enjoyed it Stangflyer!! :chuncky:. Will post pics of the "Safety" can when it is done and how to wire a DPDT mini toggle in the circuit to reverse it for de-fueling.

I have posted this several times over at the other site, I put this together back in 2005 for my local club so I know the prices and components may have changed, but the wiring is still good. As noted many people have added a fuse for extra protection.

I have changed my battery to a 4S 10,000mah Life setup and used a bigger box to fit them in.

http://www.greenbikekit.com/battery-cell.html

This allows me to charge my plane from the gas can at IMAC events. I can charge the plane 3-4 times, the radio, and run gas during before needing a charge. Makes things much easier than carrying misc charging stuff.

I used the greylor pump on my last build, bought it directly from Greylor

http://www.greylor.com/pumps/detail/pq12-24

http://giantscalenews.com/oldwpatta...530-Wiring Diagram for Electric Fuel Pump.pdf

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Going to the field dear to try this new can I made! see ya xox.

18697=12548-natgas-explosion-5.jpg
18697=12548-natgas-explosion-5.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
49dimes;18697 wrote: Going to the field dear to try this new can I made! see ya xox.

Dude, "that's" a picture of my friends house just about the time his Li-po's burst. LOL.....J/K