• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Getting gas motors running....

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Just like the guy at my field that regularly gives me hovering tips, but has never hovered in his life. ( ok, well not in the last 7 years anyway)
Know it alls are great aren't they? He must be related to the guys at my field that think all of my airplanes just fly themselves because ONE of them has a gyro.

One thing I've discovered, it's hard to get people that are new to gas to realize you can't just push the Tygon over a brass tube and call it done. Not for long anyway. But the field expert that has never flown gas tells them it's fine so it must be.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Know it alls are great aren't they? He must be related to the guys at my field that think all of my airplanes just fly themselves because ONE of them has a gyro.

One thing I've discovered, it's hard to get people that are new to gas to realize you can't just push the Tygon over a brass tube and call it done. Not for long anyway. But the field expert that has never flown gas tells them it's fine so it must be.
Lol...
Ya got a GUY-ROW in that thang?
Yep, heard it several times.. I just smile, and say what's that?

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2

Well............I read that thar on the "Enter-Net" somewhar...........has to be true, right? :confused??:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Speaking of that. You all fly Cortex or iGyro?
The green Edge in my Avatar has a Demon Cortex in it. I've been very happy with it. Contrary to the popular belief of the know it alls in my club it's not an Auto Pilot.;) It wont do a slow roll just by giving it aileron and it wont fly a perfectly straight knife edge by itself. What it does do is make a 30% Edge fly like it's much bigger.:)

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The green Edge in my Avatar has a Demon Cotex in it. I've been very happy with it. Contrary to the popular belief of the know it alls in my club it's not an Auto Pilot.;) It wont do a slow roll just by giving it aileron and it wont fly a perfectly straight knife edge by itself. What it does do is make a 30% Edge fly like it's much bigger.:)

Just being silly @Jetpainter ! So laugh with me!? You said "Demon Cotex" Lol . I assume it's a "SheDevil" then and very temper- mental. Bet it has that "PMS" engine too!?

Don't need no Demon Cotex in my "Purple Edge" cuz it's Purple. lol