• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GiantScaleNews is PROUD to Welcome Reza Gholamipour!!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I agree on the 100-120cc airframes. They seem to be most popular currently, I myself am wondering about some transmitter comparisons. I currently fly Futaba, but am discouraged that they do not offer a high voltage input receiver without using s-bus. I recently asked our fellow members for input, which helped me better understand the s-bus theory, and think it is cool, but also think it makes things more complicated in ways. I considered going to another manufacturer to keep things simple however am stuck in the boat of expense to convert all models! This is where I could have used actual research over what I read in magazines.

It has been well documented by Futaba's following that the 6014 receiver can handle the direct 2s 8.4v power from your packs. I have several friends at my local club that run 8.4v through them with no issues to speak of.

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
I would love to see some reviews on large electrics. I am setting up a 93" AJ Laser on Motrolfly 5335, 12S.

That puts me below the 100cc range and admittedly there are far fewer of us Electron Jockeys than Gassers.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
It has been well documented by Futaba's following that the 6014 receiver can handle the direct 2s 8.4v power from your packs. I have several friends at my local club that run 8.4v through them with no issues to speak of.
I believe He is talking direct input like the powersafe rx allows So you don't have to use jr connectors for power input.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I have intimate knowledge of Spektrum transmitters as I did lots of preproduction testings. I also know old JR transmitters very well. Not familiar with Futaba just yet, I hope to do some product reviews on them if opportunity presents itself.

From simplicity perspective, you can't go wrong with spek powersafe receivers and a dx18.

I know exactly where you coming from and how there is no solid place for reviewing these transmitters side by side only because sponsored pilots know the product they represent for the most part and magazines won't ever have the intimate knowledge of a product due to their transient type work, get something,show a few pics,a few lines and move on.

I hope to make Captain's Aviation the source for these reviews and comparisons without bias.
I could not agree with you more on the dx18 and powersafe rx setup.

I'm currently using both JR and Futaba and maybe the JR/Futaba difference is greater in their high end radio systems but not so much in the 9303/11X and 14SG.

Both systems have one merit over another but personally I'm more interested in what Jeti and Graupner are working on. And the Taranis is pretty cool too.

Mustang Man

New to GSN!
Hello Reza: Thanks for the note today that you are on GSN. Please let me know if you start any threads as I have enjoyed following your builds and instrtuctions on new products such at the Power Box Smoke Pump. I wish you would do one on the Power Box IGyro 3E. I recently bought one and installed it in a Hangar 9 Inverza 62. I plan to maiden it soon and try to setup the Igyro 3E and I am not sure about some of the features of the Igyro.. I like the idea of a gyro helping me land in gusty or cross winds. Your friend Bill.

Reza

50cc
Bill,

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope to see your threads as well.

Today,I took my 7 year old yak that had been sitting for 5 years and got one flight.

Love this old plane. Can't wait to fly her some more.

Attachments

• 20150327_191128.jpg
    20150327_191128.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 371

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Thank you eric.
Looking forward to some fun projects!

Reza,

Sorry I didn't chime in sooner, Sleepy's been telling me about your work and I'm already impressed! Thank you very much for choosing to join us here, looking forward to your thorough reviews and to learning many new things from you!

Welcome!
Bart