• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

glow pilot

Patroller

70cc twin V2
It's not the smell of glow fuel that's annoying. It's the taste when inevitably get some in your mouth futzing around with the stuff. Got is good myself a few weeks ago after I pulled the glow plug on a flooded engine and hit it with my starter.

Alky6

150cc
Guilty. Though I really do like alky and castor oil - just much better when burned in a two-stroke racing outboard - doesn't require any nitro and doesn't make one hell-of-a-mess like it does on the airplanes. It is sad when buying nitro in small quantities today - say 1 gallon - that it is cheaper to go and buy the glow fuel at the LHS even when you have a 55 gallon drum of alky and also castor oil in bulk in the shop.

-Paul

Alky6

150cc
Patroller;7721 wrote: It's not the smell of glow fuel that's annoying. It's the taste when inevitably get some in your mouth futzing around with the stuff. Got is good myself a few weeks ago after I pulled the glow plug on a flooded engine and hit it with my starter.

You have to admit though, it is better than getting gas in your mouth, yuk! LOL

-Paul

I do have to say.. I love me a 4star. When the time Comes to relax. . I got a friend that has one.. and on that o's 70 4 stroke it will fly forever on 10 ounce of glow fuel. . And its relaxing

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Alky6;7728 wrote: You have to admit though, it is better than getting gas in your mouth, yuk! LOL

-Paul

Yea, but I almost never flood my gas engines. Although there is the time I kept trying to start it with the choke on. LOL!

A guy did that a couple weeks back at the local field. Flooded his 55cc engine, wondered why it wouldn't start. Then he went and got his Mega Starter to start it that way. I stopped him as I seen the fuel pour out of the muffler. Told him to pull the plug, and dry the plug with a lighter, and spin the engine over with his starter to clear the combustion chamber of fuel. Finally, someone at that field listened to me!