• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gp-61

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gyro do you think a 24/10 wouldn't be too loud with a RE2? How do the two compare?

Nah... 24x10 should be quieter than a 25" due to tip speed, right? Either way, I'm not the guy to talk about quiet, sorry. [MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] knows more

The Mej 24x10TH is the best prop I have found for the RE2. On my DA-70 the 25x8evo turns more RPM than the 24x10TH and will have a higher tip speed and probably be louder. The 24B will be the noisest as the Vess airfoil is just plain loud. We noise tested the 24x10TH, but not the 25" props as I have since sold my 60 and the pipes. My OS GT60 has a ES pipe which is much quieter than the metal pipes.

To meet our silly noise requirements I had to run a Mej 23x10x3.

[MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] how does the Xion compare to the Falcon? Pop tops are my favorite....so I'm leaning towards the 24/10 vs the 25/8.

gyro

GSN Contributor
[MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] how does the Xion compare to the Falcon? Pop tops are my favorite....so I'm leaning towards the 24/10 vs the 25/8.

The Falcon and Xion preform identical... Only difference is the Falcon is a little more pleasing aesthetically.

I love the speed of the 24x10, and I do a lot of pop tops as well.