• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Great Planes Matt Chapman Eagle 580

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Short and sweet... I picked up a pretty good deal this evening. A Great Planes Matt Chapman 580 in the Yellow Embry-Riddle scheme. 100" wing span. Brand new in the box.... Anyone know much about these? How do they fly? Worth the time to put together? Can I beat the snot out of it?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Same dude that had the 70 for sale?? Dang, you're getting all kinds of cool deals out there!!! I don't know the first thing about it but looking at the pics my initial thoughts are if the ailerons were further in and deeper at the root and the elevators were modified slightly it would be a great machine.

I seriously got into this hobby a half dozen years too late.....

Attachments

• gpma1286-4view-lg.jpg
    gpma1286-4view-lg.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 839

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Same dude that had the 70 for sale?? Dang, you're getting all kinds of cool deals out there!!!
Different cat. It came with a brand new DLE V-3 111 still in the box with stock exhaust, (8) brand new never opened Hitec HS 7954SH HV servos... MTW canisters an headers. Pretty much everything except a prop and a receiver and batteries.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
DLE111 V3 engines are really good, I have two of them. Very close to same power as DLE120. If you don't want the plane I call dibs.;)

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Had the first one with the paint blobs and dual wing tube locations. Was a bit of a tank with an original DA 100.
To bad the 120 was not available when I had it. It did well though. Solid hover machine but watch the elevator when harrier inverted or upright. It likes to snap just like a CAP. H-9 version was the best or Carden if you build.
Terry's is going to be the best ever. Kinda like Joe Montana! You know it's going to happen!