• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN GIVE-A-WAY Hangar 9 35% Extra 300X Assembly

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It's setup for a single in push pull. They say you can do two, and the arm is made for one on both sides, but I haven't checked to see if the fuse has mounts on both sides or not. The weight of two mounted that far back worries me since I've heard it comes out tail heavy even with one rudder servo.
Ah! I see. So if you plan one servo, the 7950 would be the call. But I'm curious, (and just tossing it out there) on a 100cc plane is 486 in. Oz. enough? I'm a little skeptical for that configuration. How many people use only one servo on a 100cc'er? I would think if they state two can be used, and the arm is set for two...and it is set for push/pull, I would be willing to bet the fuse is designed for dual servos. If it is indeed tail heavy, simple relocation of flight packs should fix that. I remember my 107" Pilot Edge came in just a tiny bit tail heavy. It didn't bother me at all and in fact I preferred it that way. Man...those knife edge spins were awesome. And "FULL" powered knife edge snaps were totally evil. Hovering was rock solid as was slow harriers. Usually 4 full complete pop-top spins. I think a little tail heaviness helps with some of the violent 3D maneuvers. I am still seriously considering this plane as a spring quick build before the Tri'Cities spring opener this April. I'd be very interested to know if the fuse is designed for two rudder servos.

Alky6

150cc
Ah! I see. So if you plan one servo, the 7950 would be the call. But I'm curious, (and just tossing it out there) on a 100cc plane is 486 in. Oz. enough? I'm a little skeptical for that configuration. How many people use only one servo on a 100cc'er? I would think if they state two can be used, and the arm is set for two...and it is set for push/pull, I would be willing to bet the fuse is designed for dual servos. If it is indeed tail heavy, simple relocation of flight packs should fix that. I remember my 107" Pilot Edge came in just a tiny bit tail heavy. It didn't bother me at all and in fact I preferred it that way. Man...those knife edge spins were awesome. And "FULL" powered knife edge snaps were totally evil. Hovering was rock solid as was slow harriers. Usually 4 full complete pop-top spins. I think a little tail heaviness helps with some of the violent 3D maneuvers. I am still seriously considering this plane as a spring quick build before the Tri'Cities spring opener this April. I'd be very interested to know if the fuse is designed for two rudder servos.
Hey Rob, FWIW I have one savox 2231 brushless on my JTEC 35% extra (555 in-oz @7.4). Works great and I can full deflect it at full throttle with no issues. This is for an IMAC ride, but the rudder does move 40 plus degrees either way.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob, FWIW I have one savox 2231 brushless on my JTEC 35% extra (555 in-oz @7.4). Works great and I can full deflect it at full throttle with no issues. This is for an IMAC ride, but the rudder does move 40 plus degrees either way.
That's awesome. I tried the Savox servos. I was very impressed. The only thing I don't like about them and could probably be swayed over to them. Except they are not programmable. I really enjoy the programmability of the Hitec servos.

Alky6

150cc
That's awesome. I tried the Savox servos. I was very impressed. The only thing I don't like about them and could probably be swayed over to them. Except they are not programmable. I really enjoy the programmability of the Hitec servos.
No swaying here. All the other sizes I have - except for ultra small foamy 5g and 9g servos - are Hitec. Just happened to try something different and didn't need the programming option.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Guys I have no facts to prove this but what I did was buy one brushless servo from Savox and have been using Savox for a couple of years now. But what I can tel you is the one is coreless and the other brushless, the two servos are very close in specifications but the brushless one feels much faster and stronger in the air. Do not know why. But on the ground they move the same but not in the air. Cannot explain but that is what I have noticed. If somebody knows why or let me know why. Thanks.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Guys I have no facts to prove this but what I did was buy one brushless servo from Savox and have been using Savox for a couple of years now. But what I can tel you is the one is coreless and the other brushless, the two servos are very close in specifications but the brushless one feels much faster and stronger in the air. Do not know why. But on the ground they move the same but not in the air. Cannot explain but that is what I have noticed. If somebody knows why or let me know why. Thanks.
This is only what I've been told and have no experience with the brushless but according to information, unlike a brushed servo the brushless servos are constant through the full travel sweep. They do not have to "spin" up at the beginning of the sweep then spin down at the end. Which from what I understand gives them the feel of being more precise or stronger. The person to talk to on this would be Tanner. @Xpress
He is far more capable of explaining the operation and differences between the two types.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I ordered all my servos last night.
Hitec
6 HS-7954SH for ailerons & elevators
1 HS-7950TH for rudder
1 HS-5665MH for the throttle
I'm not a hard core 3D guy, so I'm not really worried about overpowering these.

That's awesome!
My servo's are supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I went with the Savox 1270tg HV for control surfaces and
Savox 0220mg HV for choke and throttle.
I'm really excited to finally get this bad boy out of the BOX!

SG