• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN GIVE-A-WAY Hangar 9 35% Extra 300X Assembly

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I believe this one is actually Ali Machinchy's project based on Mikes design. Mike is no longer with the company.
I'm pretty sure Hangar 9 will make everything right. I need to get on that since I'm finally starting to gather parts for it.
I was to the understanding it was Seth Arnold working in conjunction with Mike? An actual collaboration headed up by Ali? Maybe I misunderstood. Either way, it's a really cool plane and was very interested in getting one. I would hope if I did, it would not have the issues yours has. Especially the wing. My flying is lumpy bumpy enough as it is. Lol.

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Jetpainter,
Have you purchased your servos yet? Did you go with the Savox 1270tg's?

SG
I have not. I sold my Carf Extra last week and went to buy the Promodeler 420 servos and they are out of stock. I've been giving serious thought to using Hitec 7954's on the ailerons and elevators and a 7950 on the rudder.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I have not. I sold my Carf Extra last week and went to buy the Promodeler 420 servos and they are out of stock. I've been giving serious thought to using Hitec 7954's on the ailerons and elevators and a 7950 on the rudder.
If I may offer a suggestion? The 7950's on the rudder will be awesome. But truthfully you won't need anything more than the 7954's throughout. I ran all 54's on my Pilot Edge and that plane was wicked responsive and ultra stable. Insanely stupid knife edge spins, solid and powerful knife edge loops. Never a blowback or fade issue. I use the 54's all around on all my 100cc planes. At 72 dollars each shipped to your door, ya can't beat them. Plus fully programmable. Just a thought for you.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
If I may offer a suggestion? The 7950's on the rudder will be awesome. But truthfully you won't need anything more than the 7954's throughout. I ran all 54's on my Pilot Edge and that plane was wicked responsive and ultra stable. Insanely stupid knife edge spins, solid and powerful knife edge loops. Never a blowback or fade issue. I use the 54's all around on all my 100cc planes. At 72 dollars each shipped to your door, ya can't beat them. Plus fully programmable. Just a thought for you.
I was hoping you would weigh in. I thought I read that you liked them and was going to send you a message asking what you thought.:way_to_go:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I was hoping you would weigh in. I thought I read that you liked them and was going to send you a message asking what you thought.:way_to_go:
I actually forgot to ask you if you were planning on one servo for the rudder or two? Maybe you said but I couldn't remember. But being a 100cc'er, you're probably planning two?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I actually forgot to ask you if you were planning on one servo for the rudder or two? Maybe you said but I couldn't remember. But being a 100cc'er, you're probably planning two?
It's setup for a single in push pull. They say you can do two, and the arm is made for one on both sides, but I haven't checked to see if the fuse has mounts on both sides or not. The weight of two mounted that far back worries me since I've heard it comes out tail heavy even with one rudder servo.