• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gyro's for planes

49dimes is right on. You push the sticks the wrong way bad things still happen. I am running an Aura 8 in a small turbine jet. To me, the best way to describe it is that it makes the plane fly bigger. Bigger planes don't get bumped around as much because they damp better than smaller planes. the Aura adds electronic damping to bumps. I will post a video of my little jet flying later.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been running a Bavarian Demon Cortex for several years now in one of my 50cc airplanes and love it! I've let a few others fly it and they've all like it as well. What I like is if you didn't tell someone it was there, they most likely wouldn't know. The way I have the gain set it just smooths the airplane out and makes it fly much bigger. I fly in the normal mode, but as a circus trick you can put it in hold and it will hover hands off. I've only done it a few times for pure entertainment.

One thing I've noticed is that I can do a better slow roll with it turned off for some reason. Since it's on a three position switch you can turn it off or switch modes whenever you like.

My favorite part of it is the crisp stop at the end of a roll. I love to make knife edge passes across the field and roll fast and hard the same direction as the rudder input. One fast roll that stops crisp right back at knife edge. It's awesome on point rolls.

One of the downfalls of a gyro, at my field anyway, is they are looked down on for a lack of a better way to put it. Some people seem to believe it's an autopilot and that the only reason you can fly like you do is that you use a gyro. And it even has the magical properties to make every other plane you fly without a gyro, fly better too!

One of the downfalls of a gyro, at my field anyway, is they are looked down on for a lack of a better way to put it. Some people seem to believe it's an autopilot and that the only reason you can fly like you do is that you use a gyro. And it even has the magical properties to make every other plane you fly without a gyro, fly better too!

I get the same thing at my field from some of the guys...."haters gonna hate". In the meantime, I'll keep flying my Auras in windy conditions and enjoy not fighting the wind.

-Rick-

100cc
Even my flying buddy who only fly's scale is shaking his head at me!!!

Almost got the Aura installed just hung up on the servo reversing. The "hold for four or more seconds" is not working for me.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry

Almost got the Aura installed just hung up on the servo reversing. The "hold for four or more seconds" is not working for me.

I do not know what your Tx Rx set up is but it does not matter because in order to reverse your servos you must choose the "custom" transmitter option. Prepare your transmitter as directed. Using the Aura tool.....Under the "File" tab select "New Aura Config File".
There is where you see the Aura position indicator, main wing configuration and tail group configuration. You will be able to select digital or analog servos, servo reverse, travel volume, expo etc etc. Remember if you reverse a servo channel it must also then be reversed in your transmitter. The set up process shows expo but the Aura does not allow expo adjustments at this time even though you can manipulate the values in the tool. An update will soon be available that will allow users to use the expo function of the transmitter through the Aura.

JoeT

50cc
He has yet to run the "Calibration" portion of the setup before going to the servo reversing. It's a common step that's actually missed by most.

Once stick calibration is done, all subtrims need to be Zerod on the main screen (with live monitoring turned on), then it's off to the Servo Tab.

I do not know what your Tx Rx set up is but it does not matter because in order to reverse your servos you must choose the "custom" transmitter option. Prepare your transmitter as directed. Using the Aura tool.....Under the "File" tab select "New Aura Config File".
There is where you see the Aura position indicator, main wing configuration and tail group configuration. You will be able to select digital or analog servos, servo reverse, travel volume, expo etc etc. Remember if you reverse a servo channel it must also then be reversed in your transmitter. The set up process shows expo but the Aura does not allow expo adjustments at this time even though you can manipulate the values in the tool. An update will soon be available that will allow users to use the expo function of the transmitter through the Aura.