• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

hangar 9 27% extra. the dumpster dive edition

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Had a chance to weigh everything tonight and it looks like I should be sub 12lbs with a 3lb engine. I was basically at 8lbs with everything except engine. Looks like most engines are around 3-3.5lbs. Can't decide what engine yet though. At that weight a 35cc will fly it well. Maybe a 40 twin? Any thoughts?

Had a chance to weigh everything tonight and it looks like I should be sub 12lbs with a 3lb engine. I was basically at 8lbs with everything except engine. Looks like most engines are around 3-3.5lbs. Can't decide what engine yet though. At that weight a 35cc will fly it well. Maybe a 40 twin? Any thoughts?
I'm with Swope. Throw a 30-35 on there.

A 40 twin, however...

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@ericb Checked and there is a guy who has a NIB DLE 55. I know this guy will want full retail so just throwing this to ya. I am sure you can find a better deal.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Thanks for checking. I am thinking a DLE35, or DLE40. Not sure if the extra weight is worth it for the twin.