• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 3.1M Sukhoi

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Sounds under control!

Rocco used those Hitec plastic arms on all his demo planes... even the 122" planes. I'm not quite as daring. ;)

Joe, are the 980 splines the same as other Hitec servos? I have some 5645's with aluminum arms. I think I will see if 1 fits today.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
HS 5645= 24 tooth spline
HS 9380= 25 tooth spline

Found the 'Futaba' arms fit. I only have a couple so will leave the plastic arms on until I order more or until spring.
20161211_185641.jpg

Joe Hunt

150cc
Found the 'Futaba' arms fit.

Yup, I use the H9 2" Futaba arms mostly. Gotta make sure and drill out the servo screw hole nice and big for the Hitec 3m servo screw. Because you want the arm to clamp onto the servo output shaft and not onto the servo screw. I make the hole big just to be sure.

Like Stang said, all the older Hitec servo models are 24spline, the newer (93xx series, 94xx series, D series) are 25spline (like Futaba).

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yup, I use the H9 2" Futaba arms mostly. Gotta make sure and drill out the servo screw hole nice and big for the Hitec 3m servo screw. Because you want the arm to clamp onto the servo output shaft and not onto the servo screw. I make the hole big just to be sure.

Like Stang said, all the older Hitec servo models are 24spline, the newer (93xx series, 94xx series, D series) are 25spline (like Futaba).
I've been using CNC aluminum double lock servo arms on all my Hitecs. They lock down good and tight. Never loose their grip. I really want to give the 9380's a try. But I am soooo sooooo sooooooooooooooo hooked on the 7990's. They are monster strong and NASA precise. LOVE the magnetic encoder.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I've been using CNC aluminum double lock servo arms on all my Hitecs. They lock down good and tight. Never loose their grip. I really want to give the 9380's a try. But I am soooo sooooo sooooooooooooooo hooked on the 7990's. They are monster strong and NASA precise. LOVE the magnetic encoder.

No sag at all, no noise, crazy crazy strong, so far I'm impressed.