• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 33% Edge 540 Recover

BalsaDust

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Both wings are done.

BalsaDust

image.jpeg

I hand cut some lettering for the wing.

Also got the cowl all prepped so tonight I will be laying in some fiberglass cloth as a lip to support where I split the cowl. Big thanks to @Terryscustom for the thread he did on splitting cowl and answering my numerous emails and texts the other day about the subject.

BalsaDust

image.jpeg

Might be kinda hard to see but I have laid a piece of fiberglass cloth down along the seam of the cowl to create the lip. I will let it set until tonight before playing with it anymore. So while I wait it's back to covering. Forgot I still had one more stab and elevator to cover so I figured now was the perfect time to do the video I had promised a couple of months ago on the glass method I use for covering. Hope it all makes sense to everyone. Feel free to ask any questions if you have them.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
View attachment 50409

Might be kinda hard to see but I have laid a piece of fiberglass cloth down along the seam of the cowl to create the lip. I will let it set until tonight before playing with it anymore. So while I wait it's back to covering. Forgot I still had one more stab and elevator to cover so I figured now was the perfect time to do the video I had promised a couple of months ago on the glass method I use for covering. Hope it all makes sense to everyone. Feel free to ask any questions if you have them.

Nice little method ya got there.:way_to_go: