Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool Hangin’ in the Hangar

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by WMcNabb, Dec 3, 2018.

1. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Sweet! Would love to know all the sorties that valve has flown, and how many enemy aircraft it has chased.

stangflyer likes this.
  2. Yeah me too. A friend's father flew the P51 in WW2. Should ask him if he has more info on this piece.

stangflyer, Jetpainter and WMcNabb like this.
  3. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

I have the same "Airplane Stamps" picture my sister got for me on my 40th birthday. She is a retired postal worker. I will now have to go dig it up out of the box wherever it may be. Problem is my 40th birth day was just over 20 years ago and cant exactly put my mind on where I got it stored. Will post a pic once I find it :confused:.

4. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

About 20 years ago sounds about right for when I got mine.

5. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

My dad and uncle were engineers and worked for Boeing, Rockwell, etc. They both worked on the Saturn 5 project. This is a real reduced sketch of one of his drawings.

He gave it to my son, we need to get it framed. 20181205_193434.jpg

6. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Now that is beyond cool!!

stangflyer, Jetpainter and 49dimes like this.
  7. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    As promised earlier today, the only aviation related item “allowed” in the house.
    A painting of my great uncle’s Staggerwing hanging in the hallway, completed sometime in the late 30’s.

CED0A841-DEDD-4EF1-864C-4F64CEF00A1E.jpeg

8. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Some really nice stuff guys. Guess I'll add a bit to the collection.

These photos of the late great Bevo Howard were signed by him to my Dad back in the day. I remember seeing Bevo when I was a kid.

These hang on my shop wall now.
    2017-05-31 09.07.14.jpg 2017-05-31 10.02.59.jpg

9. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing them with us.

stangflyer and Jetpainter like this.
  10. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    In the spirit of a Stearman theme from another thread, a friend sent me this photo which I need to have framed and hang in the shop.

F4DC3A7D-7ED1-484E-8FAE-FC9BA615FE9B.jpeg

Jetpainter, 49dimes, acerc and 4 others like this.