• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool Hangin’ in the Hangar

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey David,

Drawings like that just blow me away. I started out hand drawing in my early drafting days and I had seen other drawings with that kind of exceptional details. It's so sad that the age of computers and 3D modeling have made drawings like that obsolete. But to me, they will never be out of date.

Let me get some more photos. That is a 50+ year old drawing right out of the design center at Boeing. My uncle has dozens and dozens of aeronautical patents.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
My wife learned to fly in a Piper Cherokee 140. She went on to become a corporate jet pilot (now retired). A ways back I built a model for her birthday of the same Cherokee ....even managed to squeeze her in beside it! Found a nice plastic dome to keep the dust off.
View attachment 107274 View attachment 107275
That is so very cool. Definitely worth keeping under protective glass. Love it.

Both of these are works of art, in every sense of the term. Thanks for sharing!

I’m amazed at the interest this thread has generated, and appreciate both the kind words and all who have posted here!
Pretty hard to not get interested in something of this nature. Good stuff out there that not many of us get much of a chance to see. Let alone enjoy. Thanks for bringing to our homes (computer screens) that possibility to enjoy even more facets of this wonderful hobby.

WMcNabb

150cc
Tonight’s photo from the shop, under the glass on my desk.
In the summer of ‘12, I shamelessly begged for a ride in this hot rod.
The red shirt in the right seat is yours truly.

The aircraft is the Mullicoupe, one of the smallest airframes which could be bolted behind a Pratt & Whitney R-985.
I’m like a kid at Christmas every time I think about that flight!!

0FC8CB04-1927-4A30-8DB9-209653014467.jpeg

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Tonight’s photo from the shop, under the glass on my desk.
In the summer of ‘12, I shamelessly begged for a ride in this hot rod.
The red shirt in the right seat is yours truly.

The aircraft is the Mullicoupe, one of the smallest airframes which could be bolted behind a Pratt & Whitney R-985.
I’m like a kid at Christmas every time I think about that flight!!

View attachment 107323
That thing is gorgeous! That would make an awesome scratch build project.

WMcNabb

150cc
Back from traveling for work last week, so I was able to grab a photo from the shop for tonight’s post. Below are a few of the items given to me over the years by Julie, or the “Airshow Beauty Queen” as I call her. 2019 will be Julie’s last season, so be sure to catch her at an airshow near you.

FD8D8A07-1BA7-4FF2-8382-3EE8CE588BD9.jpeg

EFB941F5-CC2E-4BED-8ABB-7B1BEE36E8C4.jpeg