Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool Hangin’ in the Hangar

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by WMcNabb, Dec 3, 2018.

1. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Same airplane, different photo which was recently framed and hung on the wall. Now for a bit of the story. This happens to be the very last one of its kind. In formation with another one, which is the last of its kind. The owner, being a very generous friend, allowed me to fly this prized possession for over a year! Let’s just say that I’m very grateful and have many fond memories with this fine aircraft. Photo courtesy of Thomas Hoff, a talented gentleman from Idaho, who specializes in this type of imagery.

7448993C-7C82-40F3-B9AD-4AAC247009DA.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    acerc, Jetpainter, Pistolera and 2 others like this.
  2. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Here is one of my all time favorite military jets. I think I must have assembled and painted dozens of the Monogram kits as a kid.

Convair had some really remarkable aircraft of the time. And to the best of my knowledge they actually did studies and feasibility test's
    of nuclear aircraft propulsion but deemed it humanly unsafe for practical applications in forward deployed aircraft.

B-58-Hustler.jpg

Jetpainter, acerc, Pistolera and 2 others like this.
  3. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Actually hanging in the lobby of the hotel where I stayed last night. Thought it looked cool enough to share.

822B36D7-9A33-4737-AC22-24567802D8C4.jpeg

4. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

That's a very nice piece. Might have to take it home instead of the bath towels :sneaky:.

Jetpainter, dhal22 and WMcNabb like this.
  5. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Given to me by a friend, the retouched photo shows Roscoe Turner, his lion cub Gilmore, and a Lockheed Air Express.
    BFDC3744-F1CB-41AE-B98D-FFAE8D45A73B.jpeg

49dimes, acerc, Snoopy1 and 2 others like this.
  6. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Now that's cool! I love Golden Age airplanes .

49dimes, Pistolera and WMcNabb like this.
  7. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Mementoes from a previous life in full scale...lol
    20190122_085617.jpg

49dimes, pawnshopmike, dhal22 and 3 others like this.