Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hello from Illinois

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by X-Plane, Aug 22, 2020.

1. X-Plane

X-Plane New to GSN!

Just wanted to introduce myself as the guy who never built his original Byron F-16 that has been in storage since 1986(?). It did not include the engine or ducted fan. My question is, I would like to know a little bit more about a possible electric conversion and would appreciate any info that might point me in the right direction.

Glad to be on board
    Best Regards,

Dennis aka x-plane

2. Welcome to GSN. :welcome:

3. X-Plane

X-Plane New to GSN!

Thanks Mike

4. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Welcome!

5. X-Plane

X-Plane New to GSN!

Thanks, glad I found you guys

6. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Welcome!!

The only thing I could find on the Byron F16 is an 11 year old thread. They used a DynaMax XPS system 563kv motor on 12S 5000 packs with a 110A ESC. This info came from R C G and the guys has posted a bunch on YouTube if you look up "Billy D".

I dont have any ducted fans or jets so I cannot be much help there.

7. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Same for me, although I've ran an OS 91df with a prop.

8. X-Plane

X-Plane New to GSN!

Appreciate the info!

9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Welcome to GSN.
    Can you tell us a little more about the plane. Ie weight and the size of fan that the plane was designed for.

10. X-Plane

X-Plane New to GSN!

This is a large scale Byron Glas F-16 originally designed to drive a Byron Ducted fan with a .60 engine. The completed model is approx 6' long. DSC_0558.JPG DSC_0537.JPG DSC_0529.JPG
    Thats all I know about this. I have added a few pics; some one else may have better background info..

Thanks for asking....