• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help - Need name of manufacturer

camss69

70cc twin V2
I know this one....

I think it's an SD Models also known as Avaition Models.

Older but flew awesome, never had one but have had plenty of friends that did at the field.

They ended up as Thunder Tiger models before Ace bought the line and discontinued it.

Tom K

30cc
Thanks for your input. Your knowledge of the probable manufacturer is outstanding. I have no doubt you are correct. You described exactly what the seller said "it is older but flew absolutely perfect". I will end my search for the manufacturer and hope I won't need parts. Am anxious for spring but will be checking out the Extra this winter.
Thanks again,
Tom K

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I know this one....

Older but flew awesome, never had one but have had plenty of friends that did at the field.

They ended up as Thunder Tiger models before Ace bought the line and discontinued it.

I had an Aviation Models 100cc Yak for a few years. It was a great flyer. I think this line of planes (SD Models, Aviation, Thunder Tiger) is somewhat Pilot RC planes now. My Aviation Models and Pilot RC Yaks are virtually the same. Both name's wings are exactly the same except for the bolt pattern.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I know this one....

YUP...Most definitely an SD 260.
The scheme is definitive of the SD's.

My 40%'er was red and white originally. Changed it to blue and white. I would love to get my hands on a 35%. The SD Models are an amazing flyer.