• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help picking out a prop for DA-150 ? !!

Its a 3W ship! Balsa sheet wings, stabs and rudder. It is sacralige placing a DA in a 3W airframe. They are sweeties to fly! Watch your throttle usage on downlines. Idle, and idle only. Great for classic 3D flying!

In your above post, next to last pic..... Close off that open area, in the corners where the top of the cylinders are (both sides). You want air to pass thru the cylinder fins. Air is very much like electricity. Takes the path of least resistance.

I actually had #4 of the 32% in the states, but it was the first one flying. It was year 2000. Mine was all Red. We added white trim to make it the Lillenberger scheme. Loved how it flew!

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Thanks again Earle !! I just sort of copied what's on the Aircraft International site where the instructions manual for this plane is. I used foem board though instead of balsa & plan to epoxy that fiberglass cloth on the foam next & paint it. Hope I'm not adding too much weight !
I wish I could do the IMAC flying but an IMAC field or club is just too far away. I didn't know I could use a 28' prop though. In otherwords, it won't overspeed the eng. or anything, & it would really slow down on landing ? Not too knowledgeable on props for this size eng, ha !! I kow 3 bladed props re quieter though so may just try one of those also !!
Thanks a lot Earle !!
John

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Bunky !! Yes, that's what the plane originally had in it so I was just putting it back the way it was, ha !!
Yes, on closing up those open areas next to the cylinders !! I have a ways to go yet !! I was in a daze for a week thinking about tackling the baffling ! But since the eng. quit on takeoff back then, I figured I better get going on it !!
Ha !! That must have been some plane at the time that you had, got any pics. yet of it ? Glad to hear it flew nice for you !!
Thanks again !!
John

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Ok & thanks again !! I'm wondering now if I can still get any parts for mine if I ever need them . According to the website , it looks like this plane is still available . I think it's at Aircraft International though.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
That's really good to know, ha, though I hope I don't need anything right off the bat !!
Thanks again !!

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Now I have another question ? ! I'd like to know if I should block off this big opening on the lower part of my firewall as I'd like to run smoke later & plus fuel & exhaust may be going to get in there & mainly though, I have to put my batteries as far forward & up against the firewall in that area.
Wonder what I should do ?!!
Thanks , John
DSCF2714.JPG

thurmma

150cc
Yes, definitely plug it off. It will keep fuel and oil residue from the inside of the plane. Just make sure you have enough opening for the air to exit. Should be approximately 4x the amount of intake area.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Thanks Thurmma !! I have a plug made & yes there looks to be a good 4 times the exit air already cut out of the bottom of the cowl !!
Thanks again, John !!