• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help with making my own servo extension, question on the wire...

Mikeq

150cc
+1...I mainly use heat shrink and used these types locks also.
images
I've also seen were some people figure the length required and remove the servo wire that came with the servo and solder in the longer one...seems like a lot of trouble but you eliminate a connection...

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
I have used the plastic "boxes" that close around the connection, but they tend to pop open after a while. I just went back to heat shrink, it's lighter, cheaper, holds better, and looks much nicer than the plastic clips.

i will do the heat shrink for the rudder servos, but the stab servos need to be able to where i can remove the stabs for transport.

i will do the heat shrink for the rudder servos, but the stab servos need to be able to where i can remove the stabs for transport.
I have been setting up my large planes for 4 or 5 years on the tail like the picture. I have never had any issues with the connectors coming out or even appearing to be backing out. I use a similar set up for the main wings.
P1010458.JPG

Mikeq

150cc
Cam if you have duel servos on each stab and you want to be able to remove them Chad @ taildraggerrc has these....I use them on my wings but not on my stabs since I never remove my stabs for transport. They lock in good and you never have to worry about them coming loose during flight...
2013_11_13_16.22.29_2_02015.1384384434.1280.1280__21969.1405322573.1280.1280.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I use nylon wire ties that have a square flange molded in for affixing to something secure and then use the plastic servo connector retainers.
Photo206.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Cam if you have duel servos on each stab and you want to be able to remove them Chad @ taildraggerrc has these....I use them on my wings but not on my stabs since I never remove my stabs for transport. They lock in good and you never have to worry about them coming loose during flight...
2013_11_13_16.22.29_2_02015.1384384434.1280.1280__21969.1405322573.1280.1280.jpg
I use nylon wire ties that have a square flange molded in for affixing to something secure and then use the plastic servo connector retainers.View attachment 4660

I too have been using the same locks as "dimes". On the new Sukhoi I did however want something a little more elaborate. I also ordered the wing harness from Chad for the big Suk. I may still do the stabs as they will need to be removed for transport. Thinking I may upgrade the big 260 also. For the 50% Edge? Yeah, no extensions... Going to hard wire everything and will use TDRC's harness throughout the entire airframe. Dang this hobby is fun. So many really cool things to buy for your big flying hoopties.