• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Homemade downdraft sanding table

BalsaDust

power.jpg
Hope this explains everything for you. If not just shoot me a PM with your phone # and I can call you and walk you through it.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
That was my first thought, just wire it like your quote! I'll tear it apart tomorrow and rewire it, don't have the ambition to pull the panel tonight.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
All done, I got up the ambition and it took 10 minutes to fix it! As soon as I saw your diagram, I knew where the mistake was. Pulled the cover and the switch, shuffled the black wires and used a wire nut on the white wires. That's why I do carpentry and not electrical! Thanks for all the help @cbarnes0061 !

BalsaDust

All done, I got up the ambition and it took 10 minutes to fix it! As soon as I saw your diagram, I knew where the mistake was. Pulled the cover and the switch, shuffled the black wires and used a wire nut on the white wires. That's why I do carpentry and not electrical! Thanks for all the help @cbarnes0061 !

Not a problem. Been Doing electrical work for the past 11 years now. I dabble with a little bit of carpentry and starting to get serious into custom woodworking projects. It has become lots of fun building stuff in my shop. Here is my latest project. Custom sanding blocks that I made. All the ones in the pictures will be shipped out tomorrow to the ProBro's who bought some.
blocks2.jpg

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
I saw those here and on the probro site, very nice! You could definitely use a sanding table yourself!

I've been so busy the past 8 months that I have a backlog of projects waiting for me. I was supposed to start my drift boat last month so it would be ready for fishing in May, obviously I'm behind on that project. Tomorrow I will work on the wife's bench/picnic table, but that project should only take about 8 hours. Then I have to make a bookshelf unit out of welded horseshoes. That one will take a little more time since I got a bucket of very used and very rusty horseshoes from a local rancher that will need a lot of wire brush time before I can do anything with them. Then, maybe sometime next week, I can start framing up the drift boat!

BalsaDust

Nice. Yeah these blocks are all sold but I'm thinking of making more to try and sell on ebay. We will see how that goes.