• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Homemade downdraft sanding table

Mine is pretty much done. A couple of screws to hold the top on and a fan and she's finished!
Thanks 3Dchief for the inspiration!

Attachments

• IMG_20150219_221510.jpg
    IMG_20150219_221510.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_20150219_221520.jpg
    IMG_20150219_221520.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_20150219_224020.jpg
    IMG_20150219_224020.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 315

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Looks AWESOME!

I can't see in the pictures, did you seal the plywood chute to the sides or is the fit going to be tight enough? That big fan will draw a bunch of air and you don't want to bypass the filters and get sawdust in the fan enclosure.

Did you add extra outlets to it? I'm finding it to be the perfect power strip around the shop, no more hunting for an extension cord or moving closer to an outlet. Also really handy to be able to plug the sander right into it and not have to deal with extra cords strung everywhere.

You'll be very impressed and glad you built it the first time you use it. I think most people don't realize how much mess it really saves and how cheap and easy it is to build. I'm already considering making another one that is strong enough to hold and build a drift boat on. Think 6 feet wide by 14 feet long! That one will probably require a fan at each end!

I used clear silicone to completely seal the inside of the box. I still have to make the door for the filter access and of course mount the fan when in comes in.
Putting on powerstrips is a great idea!
Thx
Jim

ericrs

70cc twin V2
I did get some inspiration from some pictures that you posted @Terryscustom [emoji6] I knew that I wanted the top 36" x 72" so I just went from there and designed the rest as I built it. I need to build a couple of drawers for the two openings in front.