• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hostetler Cessna 336 Skymaster

Patto

70cc twin V2
I received the plans from Hostetler the other day. It's a little intimidating looking at them and wondering where to start. No instruction book, obviously.

No responses on landing gear options yet for my fixed-gear version...

Patto

70cc twin V2
Abell RC makes aluminum main gear for this plane, which I have now ordered.

Fiberglass Specialties makes the two cowls, the air scoop, wheel pants, and windshield. Also ordered.

I'm still looking for a source for the nose gear, such as the one in the attached pic. Sierra sells one, but they want $270 for it. Yikes.

Attachments

• skymaster blue and white.jpg
    skymaster blue and white.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 477

Patto

70cc twin V2
As far as engines go...

I am thinking about doing two 55's. I'm very tempted to buy two of the EME55's with auto-start.

Yes, it's a little gimmicky, but wouldn't it be cool to have it start all by itself?! Also, hand-flipping the rear engine will be a tricky process to avoid hitting the tail booms.

Anyone know if these engines are worth the $$ or should I just go DLE?

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
My cousins eme 111 seemed to perform good. I'm pretty sure my other cousin has an eme something with electric start on a big fly baby. It's cool to see it die and refire in mid air.

Gonna try to have this finished for monsterfest? I'd love to see it fly it's gonna be awesome

Patto

70cc twin V2
I tell you what. I'd love to have it finished for MF, but I'm still waiting for the kit to arrive. I'm anxious to get started. I think having two electric start 55's would be awesome, but I don't know much about the EME brand.

Patto

70cc twin V2
I think I'd rather have the EME's with the starters factory installed. It doesn't cost much more to have it pre-installed and included.

I have yet to have anyone tell me NOT to get an EME, so I may just go for it.

Still haven't received the wood yet.

I have the plans from Hostetler. I have the main gear. Need nose gear still...

Patto

70cc twin V2
So, Century Jet is going to make a set of fixed nose gear for me at a much lower price than Sierra was wanting.

I ended up canceling my order with Precision Cut Kits. They were not able to cut the kit in the time frame they said they would. If they give me my deposit back, I'll still consider ordering from them in the future.