• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D How to "build it light"

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Still need a battery, just have to charge less. 2 lips are really light now days.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Would just need 1 battery for initial startup, alternator would power everything else from there on out! :D

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I can tell you what not to do. Don't do anything like this or the airplane will get really heavy.:lol2:

Weight.jpg

Most of the time it is NOT adding things. Most planes are really over built, so some careful trimming can be done, pipe tunnels, trays, wire guide tubes.... but you need to know what is structural and what isn't. Lots of guys will say it is only a couple ounces, 2 or 3 things and you can be to a pound really easy.

BalsaDust

Wow, Solar servos......so you don't even need batteries then except ignition?

Just promise us you will not use solar servos in anything larger:ooh?:

Lol terry I will run these and see how they hold up in this plane. I have heard of guys running them in 100cc planes no problem but I'm not so sure just yet. I have the 770's in my 40 size profiles and love them. These 772's and I have a set of the 771's have a slight amount of slop around center though. They do center well and seemed to have plenty of holding power but still not sure I would trust them in anything bigger than 50cc planes.