• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D How to "build it light"

emtp275

100cc
Glad to see this, I just finished a 91 Yak and tried by best to keep the weight off, I have seen other numbers like 18-19+ and I come in ready to fly at 17.4, I have one pin flag switch I used two 2500 Lipos that run every thing and I even have smart fly and stayed that light, but as was said before no ply was used for battery trays or RX, I used a taildragger tank and kept with the light weight stock exhaust from a DLE 61, I can tell you this plane is nothing short of amazing, Its been a while sense i couldn't wait to fly again but i have that feeling now.

Glad to see this, I just finished a 91 Yak and tried by best to keep the weight off, I have seen other numbers like 18-19+ and I come in ready to fly at 17.4, I have one pin flag switch I used two 2500 Lipos that run every thing and I even have smart fly and stayed that light, but as was said before no ply was used for battery trays or RX, I used a taildragger tank and kept with the light weight stock exhaust from a DLE 61, I can tell you this plane is nothing short of amazing, Its been a while sense i couldn't wait to fly again but i have that feeling now.
Same plane that was just maidened and posted about in the EF FB page?

BJ Swope

emtp275

100cc
Same plane that was just maidened and posted about in the EF FB page?

BJ Swope
Yes Sir thats me, we tried the idea of eliminating the ing switch and battery on a 20cc and it has preformed flawlessly plus Phuck ran his 91 yak this way when he come to fly with us, sorry cant get it to tag him. It seems to be a good way to cut the fat so far exp with all the new ignitions being HV

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Yes Sir thats me, we tried the idea of eliminating the ing switch and battery on a 20cc and it has preformed flawlessly plus Phuck ran his 91 yak this way when he come to fly with us, sorry cant get it to tag him. It seems to be a good way to cut the fat so far exp with all the new ignitions being HV
You know Warren came by yesterday, and we went to talking bout putting his profile on a diet, pulling spinner, igni.battery,and such, but he really can't stand the plane, said he was just gonna beat hell out of it like it is. YOu see where @Terryscustom got his to come in a little over 8lbs, not sure what version he has.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Ignition battery in a profile??!??!??!?!!??:oblong: I don't run an ignition battery in anything, serves no purpose these days.

Dress up that profile like you would a foamy......K.I.S.S. I hate profiles to, but super light is OK. I want so bad to build a new wing with a real airfoil to make it fly better but I won't spend the time. Waiting for a couple others to build those before we post pics.