• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I’m going out flying thread 2019

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Flew my Laser a bunch! Even got in some sloping on Saturday afternoon with the Easy Glider 4 :cool:

20190414_113033.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Managed to get out to the field today. Beautiful blue sky and not to cold 8 degrees above freezing. But got 2 good full flights in wind was straight down the runway at 20 to 30 mph . You could really play with the wind was even able to fly backwards. Nice to get out and do some flying.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got out today and operated with the new iX12 on the new (Maiden) QQ Cap 232 EX. I simply loaded all the models (6) I had on the old G2DX8 to an SD card then loaded it to the iX12. Every thing was there just as it was on the DX8 :). I really liked the feel and stronger spring tension the iX12 affords. I simply put the radio to "sleep" between flights and when I was finished for the day (4 10min flights) the display read that the Tx battery still had 82% of its 6000ma capacity. So I'm digging this radio!
It was blowing 15-20mph and gusts to 25-30 mph. The AS3X system with the power safe Rx did well keeping my buddies Alien Extra steady on approaches for landing with a strong North West cross wind. The Aura 8 did the same for the QQ Cap. All in all a fun day
finally with all the new gear :fist_pump:.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got out today and operated with the new iX12 on the new (Maiden) QQ Cap 232 EX. I simply loaded all the models (6) I had on the old G2DX8 to an SD card then loaded it to the iX12. Every thing was there just as it was on the DX8 :). I really liked the feel and stronger spring tension the iX12 affords. I simply put the radio to "sleep" between flights and when I was finished for the day (4 10min flights) the display read that the Tx battery still had 82% of its 6000ma capacity. So I'm digging this radio!
It was blowing 15-20mph and gusts to 25-30 mph. The AS3X system with the power safe Rx did well keeping my buddies Alien Extra steady on approaches for landing with a strong North West cross wind. The Aura 8 did the same for the QQ Cap. All in all a fun day
finally with all the new gear :fist_pump:.
Nice when you get a new radio and it works just as you wanted it to . Great enjoy your self it has been raining for the last2 days and forecast is not much better, in my location.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Today was a sad and great day. My flying buddy passed away a few weeks ago. We had his memorial service today. A tradition was started many years ago to get together after the memorial service, put his pamphlet from the service in an airplane, and all take turns flying it. Really was great to conclude the last few weeks with a heavy heart by flying him around so to speak... laughing with friends... and hollering out jokes about our lost buddy in the plane doing victory rolls on a life well lived. His son even got to fly the plane! Soooo awesome!!
Handing over the TX:
846F3B67-F4C2-45DE-9C69-449A3C3B162F.jpeg
Old friend flying the plane:
7ADE6CF3-2376-43BE-AD94-6FBC41FAFECE.jpeg
His son flying a plane with his dad’s memorial service pamphlet in it:
3982BC11-EFDC-4694-B3E0-77DA781958A8.jpeg

How cool was that! What a great tribute/tradition to be a part of and it filled my heart with joy!
As my bearded friend in the photo said “I’m sure he’s doing perfect four point rolls in heaven right now”

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It’s overcast not to cold and the wind is 10 to 15 mph so it looks like not to bad of a day to try and get some flights in. Taking old old faithful Pro260 and my new my new scratch built 20cc 3D plane for the maiden flight if everything lines up. They all in the garage being charged.
DDB2B1CD-93A1-4E0A-A83B-66F05E9A3FD3.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well had a great day at the field very wet but did not stop us flying. The planes looked a mess but they flew great. The wind was a steady 15 mph but did not dampen the fun. Got a lot of flights in and the day turned out beautiful and sunny.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Went flying again to day got one flight in it was just to windy and the wind just made it so cold, so after the one flight we packed it in and went home, at least we tried.